Can I Keep A Cat In My Bedroom Only?

Hoopz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I doubt this is okay but wondering if it is. I don't have a cat now, but just thinking about it. I would adopt a cat if I were to get one. The bedroom is where I spend the vast majority of my time everyday. I would of course have everything he/she needs as well as cuddle and play with him/her everyday. Would this be okay without spending time in the rest of the house. It has 2 windows. The room isn't tiny but not big either. Thanks.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It isn't ideal; but sometimes people make it work for various reasons. It would be better if it's a short-term situation only though. Adding vertical space with cat trees and shelves helps. I'm not sure I would want that for my cats though if it's going to be more than a few months. It also depends on how much you are in there. A young cat is going to need to burn energy somehow (Even older cats really. My 13 year old cat still runs around the house acting crazy sometimes.). I would thing long and hard before committing to that.

Good luck! :)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It’s best if he could have access to a larger space, so that he has plenty of room to run and play.

Here’s an older thread where something similar was discussed: How much space does my cats need?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoopz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I figured it wouldn't work, just wanted to see what people thought on it. Thanks