Can I feed Tiki Cat topper as a meal?

FreyaTheTabby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little girl is turning 4 months this Friday. My boyfriend weighed her yesterday, & assuming our scale is right, she weighs 3 & a quarter pounds.

Right now I'm feeding her the same as the lady I got her from was (I got her at 8 weeks) to make the switch as easy as possible for her. I feed her Fancy Feast kitten pates (wet), Purina One healthy kitten formula (dry), & I also give her Temptations treats for kittens.

The dry food I leave out for her for free feeding so idk if I'd really want to put the meal topper on top of her dry food.

20230920_023036.jpg
Is it fine to give her just the meal topper separately? Have any of you guys done that? I'm just thinking it'd be a good way to get a few extra calories in her.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, I'm not clear, are you intending to replace the fancy feast with this, or use it in addition to all the foods you're giving her already?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since it's intended to be fed as a supplement/treat (not as an actual meal), and can be given separately rather than on top of something else, whatever your baby prefers is perfect :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FreyaTheTabby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm not clear, are you intending to replace the fancy feast with this, or use it in addition to all the foods you're giving her already?
Oh good to know! I'll use it as a treat for her then. 🙂 I figure the extra DHA has got to be good for her too.