Can Cat Allergies Simply Disappear?!

Zanacatpotato

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys im new here✨, please excuse my English it's not my first language, anyways I've had cat allergies for as long as I can remember, but ever since I was little I'm always surrounded by cats mostly stray cats theyxt chase me around my grandma's house and I'll play with them and feed them, I remember sneezing and coughing all the time but I didn't mind it at all, until i went to the doctor and found out that I have cat allergies i stayed away from cats for years but last year i found an old pregnant stray catcat t I just fell in love with, I would sneak out of my house in the middle of the night to feed her after a while I was able to convince my mom to take her in IF i keep her in the backyard, I was more than happy I took her in and she gave birth the second day! Three beautiful kittens, unfortunately two vanished at the first night of their lives, believe they were eaten by male stray cats,rip the mother got sick a week after that and stopped taking care of her baby girl, I had to take her to the vet she stayed there for a few days until sadly she passed away , so I had no choice but to raise this baby kitty by myself which i did and it was hard my allergies got so bad i could barely breathe at night(i kept her in my small bedroom) fast forward to now a year later, i feel nothing! I kiss and hug her every day and i don't sneeze or cough or anything!, it's like the alergiall just vanished! , Can this really happen?
(Sorry for writing to much I thought a little backstory might add more info on the situation)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to the Cat Site. Don't worry, your English is fine.

To answer your question, your body adapted to your little kitty. You still have allergies but your kitty doesn't cause you problems because you are used to her now. If you were to get another cat you would react but over time it would get better. I am also allergic to cats and while going in someone's house causes me a lot of problems my own cats don't cause me problems

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise