Can A 5 To 6 Month Old Kitten Kill A Younger Kitten?

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone,

I have a male kitten outside my house. He is 4 to 5 month old. I have not neutered him yet. The day before yesterday I found a young kitten near my house. He was crying so I feed him and cleaned him. Now the elder kitten is acting very aggressive towards the younger one. He is making the sounds that cats make before a fight. The younger kitten is very scared.

I know that fully grown cats kill other cats and kittens. Can the above-mentioned kitten kill the young one?

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
It certainly I’d possible but what Is more likely is that the larger cat will inflict scratches and bites that could cause infection, permanent injuries or even ultimately kill the kitten. How old is the little one? Even keeping him separate from the older, which you should definitely do until the older adjusts to a stranger in the house, you may need to provide some supportive care, like kitten milk to this baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Little kitten is one and a half month old. He eats solid kitten food. He has rashes on his neck. The doctor gave him some injections and cleaned his neck with some antiseptic lotion. He said that the rashes will go away on their own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They have spent a night together and the little kitten was fine. The older kitten was gone for a day. Today when he came for his feed, He showed a lot of aggression towards the little kitten.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad to hear that you haven taken it to the vet . At only six weeks old your kitten is still very fragile so I would keep it indoors and not take any chances with your older cat. I would keep them separated unless you are there to supervise for the next month at least.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, right now the older male may regard the little guy as prey or a threat. Wait until he's old enough and strong enough to be a playmate, and I think the older guy will accept him them. At least another 4-6 weeks. Also, have the older male neutered soon, preferably before attempting introductions. He's old enough now that he might be feeling his oats.