Cabin Fever, Spring Fever Pick-me-ups; What Do You Do?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have intense cabin and spring fever. Here in Ohio we have those back and forth days
where it will be in the 50s during the day and 20s at night.

My hair has been looking unfortunate for months now since I decided to grow it out.
It was not cut or colored since August and I had about 4 inches of gray.It was getting
to the point where I would wear beanies so no one would have to see how dreadful
it looked.

I decided it was too difficult to handle so yesterday my sister treated me to a cut and color.
I usually go with a deep plum but this time I went a shade lighter and she put in a
red intensifier. Then I had her cut it to a chin length bob with the back layered.
Wowza! What a difference! When I got home both kitties stared at me; not sure if
I like it or not, lol but I do.

What do you do when you have cabin and spring fever to cheer you up?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When you figure it out, please let me know. I'm in the middle of severe spring fever.

Even Rick is complaining about the cold and damp weather around here. We're lucky that we pretty much escaped the effects of the last three nor-easters (other than losing our trees to the wind, that is), meaning we didn't get much in the way of snow. But honestly, we're so sick and tired of dealing with wind, we could both scream.

Mia6 Mia6 Your hair sounds lovely!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
When you figure it out, please let me know. I'm in the middle of severe spring fever.

Even Rick is complaining about the cold and damp weather around here. We're lucky that we pretty much escaped the effects of the last three nor-easters (other than losing our trees to the wind, that is), meaning we didn't get much in the way of snow. But honestly, we're so sick and tired of dealing with wind, we could both scream.

Mia6 Mia6 Your hair sounds lovely!
Thank you! I'm not going to wash it for 48 hours so the color soaks in well. It was scandalous before I got it done.
caitini, I was thinking of doing the same thing with my furniture.

Mia no longer:paperbag:

Wenda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
0G*q?*EHDEG\9
Rearrange the furniture.
F
:yeah: I love rearranging and spring cleaning. And a fresh hairdo too! I bet Mia6 Mia6 yours looks really nice!

Other than that sometimes you just have to brave the elements. I actually like the off seasons because that means there a less people at the state parks (hooray for solo hiking!)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Shop. I always feel better when I go shopping and spend money.
Now that sounds like a plan! Let us know what you buy. :agree:

Last year I bought patio umbrella and base way too early but I couldn't resist plus Amazon had umbrellas
on sale. I can't wait for sun and being able to sit outside. This year I plan on growing tomatoes.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning, retail therapy, and photography! Even if I'm just wandering around the neighbourhood with my camera for twenty minutes, it really helps with the cabin fever.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Hiking/Going for walks
- Spring Cleaning
- Happily obsessively plan my next trip this summer
- Read
- Thrift shopping
- Ballet classes
- Really get involved with all the current holidays, like St Patrick's Day and Easter

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mia. Your hair sounds amazing. I wish I had the courage to have a strong colour instead of the same old light blond. Still, even that colour is better than the mucky grey I have.
Luckily I dont mind what the weather is, if its bad it means more time indoors with the cats. However, I do have a list of outdoor jobs that need to be done and I am looking forward to starting them. As far as moving furniture is concerned, its something I do all year round. My family call me Mrs Shift It.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Your hair sounds really nice Mia6 Mia6 Are you going to show us some pictures?

Colouring my hair cheers me up too. I like dark pinks, purples and reds. I always feel much better if my hair is nice and bright.

I clean and rearrange the furniture too. At the moment I'm really looking forward to getting out and planting some flowers for the spring. Not quite warm enough yet, got to wait a few more weeks.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Your hair sounds really nice Mia6 Mia6 Are you going to show us some pictures?

Colouring my hair cheers me up too. I like dark pinks, purples and reds. I always feel much better if my hair is nice and bright.

I clean and rearrange the furniture too. At the moment I'm really looking forward to getting out and planting some flowers for the spring. Not quite warm enough yet, got to wait a few more weeks.
No pics, I am bashful about posting pics of myself. :paperbag: The dark pink sounds nice. You can plant early where you
are. We have to wait till after Memorial Day because there is still a chance of a freeze.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia. Your hair sounds amazing. I wish I had the courage to have a strong colour instead of the same old light blond. Still, even that colour is better than the mucky grey I have.
Luckily I dont mind what the weather is, if its bad it means more time indoors with the cats. However, I do have a list of outdoor jobs that need to be done and I am looking forward to starting them. As far as moving furniture is concerned, its something I do all year round. My family call me Mrs Shift It.
I like blonde. My natural color is dark brown but I went blonde for about 15 years. I had highlights as well. My hair was long then and it is very thick. It took about 3.5 hours for a cut and color. I could never sit that long now and blonde with highlights is expensive.

You should try something bold, Laurian, I bet it would look great! :clap::clap2:

Mia

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is this "Spring"? It was 88 degrees outside when I left work yesterday at 2:30 PM. :sweat:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
- Hiking/Going for walks
- Spring Cleaning
- Happily obsessively plan my next trip this summer
- Read
- Thrift shopping
- Ballet classes
- Really get involved with all the current holidays, like St Patrick's Day and Easter
I do so love thrift shopping. I try not to pay full price for anything. I love the sales and the thrift stores.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
What is this "Spring"? It was 88 degrees outside when I left work yesterday at 2:30 PM. :sweat:
Ah.........sounds amazing at least for a few days as my bones are chilled.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I find myself buying flowers for the house more this time of the year as a pick me up. :)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I find myself buying flowers for the house more this time of the year as a pick me up. :)
That's a good idea. I could use some as we have about 4 inches of snow. I would love a colorful bouquet of
any flower. :clap::yess: