Buyer wants a refund after 3 days

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I rehomed a white male kitten on Friday. On Saturday evening I got a msg from her asking me if I knew if the kitten was deaf. I told her no I didn't because kittens eyes seem to be turning yellow and when he was with me he didn't display any abnormality although he was bit mischievoues and loud when crying
I demanded her that she return the kitten by Sunday if she didn't want the kitten but she told me she want the kitten and he is her family's own now but she demanded that I sell her his sister too for the half of price I sold the boy which I was unwilling to accept so I didn't msg her back. Then Sunday evening she msg again saying she took him to the vet and kitten has blue eyes and is deaf and she wants the other cat..
I really don't know what to do with her. I think she is a scammer and I really dont want her to take any of my kitten
Id be happy to take the kitten back and refund her but I'm afraid she will demand I give her vet fee also as I think she is scamming me
I don't even know if the boy she took is safe. If she thinks being deaf is such a problem I don't think she likes the kitten at all

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would definitely do everything in your power to get that kitten back. If this person has such an issue already, I agree, they are not the right person for deaf kitten. Many people would be happy to adopt him, especially if you are honest and advertise his disabilities.

In regards to this individual trying to scam you with money. Just play nice until you get the kitten in your hands again and the minute she demands money from you say no and cut her off. I feel it would work as it's reasonable to tell her that you will only give her money once the kitten is in your possession.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
...And just tell this person that someone else has expressed interest in the sister. If it turns out that they want refunded for the vet visit in addition to being refunded for the kitten, ask to receive a copy of the vet visit and the associated costs. If need be, to get this kitten out of their hands, you might just consider giving them money for that too - as long as you have proof they actually took the kitten to a vet. Tell them you will refund them for the purchase and once you have the kitten back in your possession, you will refund for the vet visit after they provide proof - IF it comes down to that.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with my collegues above.
IF she really visited the vet, its of course not unnatural to demand repayment. Sure, if she has the receipt, and can tell which vet it was...
And yeah, try to get the kitten back, and avoid further connection with her....
Kittens arent commodities to change forth and back and get discount...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
...And just tell this person that someone else has expressed interest in the sister. If it turns out that they want refunded for the vet visit in addition to being refunded for the kitten, ask to receive a copy of the vet visit and the associated costs. If need be, to get this kitten out of their hands, you might just consider giving them money for that too - as long as you have proof they actually took the kitten to a vet. Tell them you will refund them for the purchase and once you have the kitten back in your possession, you will refund for the vet visit after they provide proof - IF it comes down to that.
Is it not possible to get the kitten back without paying for her vet visit? I asked her to bring the kitten back before she took him to the vet
Also what if kitten is returned sick or changed personality? She had the kitten for 3 days

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is it not possible to get the kitten back without paying for her vet visit? I asked her to bring the kitten back before she took him to the vet Also what if kitten is returned sick or changed personality? She had the kitten for 3 days
First off, you are only speculating that she might ask for a refund for the vet visit, you don't know that yet do you? Secondly, if that is the only way to get her to leave you alone - after you receive the kitten back and then, and only then, refund her for the vet visit, it seems worth it to me. You have the records from the vet visit and what they said, so that is more than you had before. Thirdly, as you said, she has only had the kitten for three days - odds are good that he is not sick, and the less time she has him the less likely he will have changed personality. Bottom line, the less time he is with her is better.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think you need to ask her to return the kitten ASAP and that you will give her a refund in cash in person at that time. Ask her how much the vet bill is, and tell her to bring the vet bill with her. If the vet bill is just an office fee — no tests, no vaccines, etc., pay her for it and keep the bill. Then you can call that vet office and ask about the kitten being deaf and how they determined that. It’s not a bad thing to know and to have.

Tell her his sister is not available, and once you have the kitten back safely and you’ve paid her, block her so she can no longer contact you.

I know you’d rather not pay her for the vet bill, but 1) you need the kitten back safely and as soon as possible, and 2) sometimes these things happen and you must take the high road. After all, if the kitten is deaf, you now have proof for future rehoming, he’s back safe with you, you’re done with this person, and if she does not want a deaf kitten that she did not previously know was deaf, you’re truly doing the right thing to pay her and be done with it and get the kitten back.

One thing we learn in business dealings is that everything does not always go smoothly and that some customers are not always nice and can be demanding. The main priority is getting the kitten back safely before he is harmed.

I agree with FeebysOwner FeebysOwner that in 3 days the kitten is likely to be just fine, if not a little confused.

Put aside your feelings about the situation long enough to be as kind as possible in order to get your kitten back.

Do let us know how all this goes!

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
S skrumtuoscatlayd this seems to be an ongoing issue with your breeding?
This person does sound like a troublemaker, and others have given you good suggestions, but if you continue to breed in the way you are, these issues are likely to be ongoing. :(