But, But, But....

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
According to my English dictionary "hinny" is "a domestic equine hybrid that is the offspring of a male horse and a female donkey. It is similar to the more common mule, which is the product of a female horse and a male donkey."

Does hinny also mean a kitten's butt in the USA then? Learning a language never ends :read:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Tobermorey. I have learnt 2 new words today: hinny and hiney. Had I known the word hiney I would have guessed.

Did you know that there are over 200,000 words in the free online dictionary but I was looking for one that’s only in the Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary? Google "has told" me.:)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you Tobermorey. I have learnt 2 new words today: hinny and hiney. Had I known the word hiney I would have guessed.

Did you know that there are over 200,000 words in the free online dictionary but I was looking for one that’s only in the Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary? Google "has told" me.:)
You have an exceptional grasp of English syntax, grammar, spelling, and punctuation, golondrina golondrina . It’s not any easy language to learn, even for native speakers! I taught 7th and 8th grade English many years ago, and many of my students struggled with the language’s inconsistencies. You’re a virtuoso!