BUSHY .T.

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost my Bushy .T. last week I should have took him to a vet and had him put down but did not.I tried to save him now the guilt is very difficult to deal with he past in a very horrible way.He was 14 or 15 I loved him more than anything. I'm now 60 and he was all I had.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so, so sorry......I also want you to know you are not alone. It's too easy to look back and see all the should haves, could haves, the mistakes made in the past, they always come to haunt you when grieving. I, too, went through the same thing. My 16 year old Burt died at home and not easily. I told this story before, but want to repeat it. I had promised him he would die at home since he hated the vet so much, but I had a vet lined up to come to the house. Of course, a horrible accident occurred involving a cattle truck and all vets were called to the scene.
None of us are perfect. Not one of us can foresee the future and know with certainty what to do and to be prepared. As a nurse, I know that every living thing fights against dying, but thankfully the body is in the shutting down process and most are not aware of what they are doing, or feeling pain as we imagined. Humans that have nearly died and come back said they felt no pain, no great fear, even though they were thrashing about and moaning. Try to hold on to the fact that your sweet boy is now at peace because he carries your love with him. This bond can NEVER be broken, never taken from you, "love cannot take that which never dies".
The house and your life are going to feel horribly empty right now. Do not dwell on his end, but rather celebrate having him sharing your life for so many years. He was meant to be in your life. You would not be having this pain if you had never met him, but look at how much greater your life was enriched with him in it. He made your life whole. He would never want you to be so sad. Go forward into the future and live it as you would have wanted him to go on if you were the first to go, seeking more love and finding peace. He wants no less because that is love. Time is the only thing that helps with matters of the heart. In time, he may send you another little love to fill the void he left when he left. It would be a welcome distraction for a broken heart.
You will never replace that sweet boys love, that is not possible, but he was the one who taught you what a cat's love can be and would want you to share what he so lovingly gave you. He will help you, he will always be as close as yoru thoughts and prayers because love ties your souls together. This love is eternal because love is spiritual.
Your love for that sweet boy is felt by all, especially Bushy Tail. To be remembered and mourned is a gerat honor. Be gentle on yourself.....
My heart aches for your pain, I know it too well. We, at this site, are here to tell you that you can survive. The pain of grief will temper your soul and you will find the strength to get through this. but it takes a lot of time, one day at a time......RIP Bushy T. You will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I know it's easier said than done, but please try to be gentle with yourself about this. You did the very best you could for your boy. He was lucky to have someone who cared for him and loved him as much as you did.

I'm so very sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you.

Rest in peace, sweet Bushy T. :rbheart:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with the others. Please stop beating yourself up about his passing. You did the best you could. He loves you dearly and he always will. He made it to the bridge in the blink of an eye and he would never want you to do this to yourself. Unfortunately these things happen sometimes. He does not blame you for his passing, You are still his very best friend and you always will be. When you think of him, please try to focus on all of the wonderful times you had together. All the silly things he did to make you laugh. All the purrs and snuggles. That's what he thinks of when he thinks of you. RIP Bushy T. You will always be loved and never forgotten.:rbheart:

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. You did nothing wrong, cat's tend to hide problems, they are extremely tuff critters.