Bumps And Lumps On A Senior Cat

BreeHowland

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

I want to first mention that there's a vet appointment scheduled for Wednesday the 26th of September for him. I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some insight before then.
--
I have a senior kitty, his name is Finn and he his almost 14 years old. At his last vet appointment, I mentioned to the vet that he had a lump on his back. She took a look and didn't seem too concerned.

This past weekend, I decided to get him a lion cut. He has arthritis and has a hard time grooming himself. No matter how much i brushed him or washed his lower back, it was still greasy and matting.

When he was home from being groomed, I noticed 3 more bumps like the one I showed the vet, plus a hard lump thats under his skin. Does anyone know what they could be?

He's still pretty active, playful and cuddly, though he has been dropping weight lately.

I'll attach a picture of the bump.. its near my thumb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Bree

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BreeHowland

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My old girl is allergic to flea bites and gets those kind of things if she gets even a single flea.
Thank you for your response:)

I'm not sure if it's fleas. All cats in the household are treated with Revolution for fleas and parasites.

(I foster, so i make sure to keep everyone up to date)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
My boy has had one small lump on his back that disappeared after about a year, and one that was on his tail for years. Three vets said it was no big deal and the fourth one burned it off while he was under for dental work.

Being there are that many in quantity, can you see if you can get a vet to give you more info?

Also, are you feeding your baby canned food? Can you add some kitten glop (there are recipes on the internet, this is helpful for all ages) and goat milk?

BreeHowland

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boy has had one small lump on his back that disappeared after about a year, and one that was on his tail for years. Three vets said it was no big deal and the fourth one burned it off while he was under for dental work.

Being there are that many in quantity, can you see if you can get a vet to give you more info?

Also, are you feeding your baby canned food? Can you add some kitten glop (there are recipes on the internet, this is helpful for all ages) and goat milk?
I've never heard of Glop. He also has FLUTD so I have to be very careful with what I'm feeding him. He eats urinary wet food omce a week or so.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Another possibility I thought of could be to add baby food such as beechnut or Gerber stage two that has no onion or garlic in it.

BreeHowland

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Another possibility I thought of could be to add baby food such as beechnut or Gerber stage two that has no onion or garlic in it.
I'll definitely bring that up to the vet. I'm always so concerned about him getting crystals that basically all he eats is the urinary kibble, wet food and treats.