Bump on cats nose

Nachosmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys!
Just as a background: I got my first cat around 2 weeks ago. They think he was born around June 25 based on his size. He was found as a stray and when we got him he was covered in fleas. I’ve never had a cat before but I took care of it the way I would a dog (flea bath & flea collar) and they seem to have gone away. He’s also really skinny, like I can feel his little hip bones when I pet him. But he’s on kitten food and I’m hoping to take care of that problem. His next vet appt is on the 9th of October.
My question is: he has a bump on his nose that seems to be growing. It doesn’t seem fluid filled but more like hard and scabby. (Pic attached) and crusties/ hair loss under his eye. I’m extremely busy so taking him to the vet before the 9th would be a lot of work since I have to move a lot of stuff around. But if it’s very serious I will obviously do so. Has anyone had a cat that has had anything that looks like this? Does he need to go to the vet ASAP or can I wait until the 9th?
It’s apparently really tough to get a good picture of a cat so please excuse the blurry.
4EF8433E-CC24-4876-9861-2C25B10DDA44.jpeg
4EF8433E-CC24-4876-9861-2C25B10DDA44.jpeg

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry no one has responded to your post yet! Is it possible to send pics to your vet and ask if this would warrant an earlier visit? I have no idea what it could be, but the fact that the place on his nose is growing, and the area underneath his eye could be something that might begin to affect his actual eye, it would seem to me to be appropriate to make the vet aware of it sooner rather than later. Wish I could be more help - hope other members will come along soon and offer their input.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think FeebysOwner FeebysOwner has an excellent idea there. They may need to culture those spots to see what they are, but perhaps not :dunno: . At least they might be able to tell you if they think it's ok to wait another few days. I'm guessing you'll have to wait until Monday now anyway :wink:.

Keep us posted. And congrats on your new furbaby. He's a cutie :loveeyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nachosmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for the responses.
update: his condition has gotten worse now. He can almost not even see out of his eye and his paw is now starting to look bad like his eye did at first. He’s also got hard lumps all over his back now. Going to call the vet first thing in the morning and get him in since he is deteriorating so fast. I will keep y’all updated after the visit ❤

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
how very odd! Please keep us posted on what on earth this is. Poor baby :frown:

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: