Bump on cat's eyelid!

SuzanneMarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there,

Yesterday I noticed a small bump on my senior cat's lower eyelid. My cat is about 14 years old. Any idea what this could be? I will be taking him to the Vet but I guess I'm scared. Any thoughts? I added a photo.
Sue

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It could be a sty, or could be a clogged oil gland, or could be something else,but only a Vet can tell you for sure. I don't think there is a reason to be scared, though it's only natural. Any time anything isn't "normal", I tend to freak out :alright: Here is another thread that is similar, although this bump is on the upper eyelid vs the lower. What is this bump on my cat’s eyelid?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
When you see the vet, ask if the size, position, or possible future growth might irritate the cat's eye even if the bump itself is not of concern.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SuzanneMarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It could be a sty, or could be a clogged oil gland, or could be something else,but only a Vet can tell you for sure. I don't think there is a reason to be scared, though it's only natural. Any time anything isn't "normal", I tend to freak out :alright: Here is another thread that is similar, although this bump is on the upper eyelid vs the lower. What is this bump on my cat’s eyelid?
Thank you. I have an appt. with the Vet. Guess I'm worried because the cat is 14 and had a lump on her belly a few months ago. She had surgery and then this one popped up. Thanks for your response.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SuzanneMarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When you see the vet, ask if the size, position, or possible future growth might irritate the cat's eye even if the bump itself is not of concern.
Great advice. Thank you.