Bump appeared on cats lower lip

Kimmywen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everybody! I just recently noticed a small reddish/brown bump on my 2 year old Maine coons lower lip/chin. It does not seem to bother her but wondering if anyone has seen something similar or if I need to get it checked out? From my own research I am thinking it could be feline acne.. any advice helps!

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and came here for advice regarding a bump on your cat's chin. Do you use plastic bowls to feed her? If so, please try switching to ceramic, stainless steel or glass which are more sanitary. Plastic bowls can cause chin acne. Here is a thread about cat bowls: Cat Bowls

The other possibility is she may have a food allergy. Here is an Article that discusses this, note fact #5:
11 Key Facts About Food Allergies In Cats

If these tips do not help or the bump does not go away please contact your vet. Best of luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kimmywen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! I actually just finally found a water bowl she can’t tip over and it is plastic.. so could explain the sudden change. Guess it is back to sink drinking! I will see if taking it away makes it better.