Bubble Wrap

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you do when something comes packaged in bubble wrap? Toss it? Put it away for reuse? Hide it until you're alone and can pop it? Boldly pop it in front of everyone? Are you a bubble wrap addict?

My name is Mother Dragon and I've come to this Bubble Wrap Poppers Anonymous meeting because I'm addicted and out of control.

I completely crushed every bubble in the last thing I got wrapped in bubble wrap. I even went looking to see if I'd missed one. I bought a yard of small BW (my preference) at a big store that also sells packing supplies. To my frustration and utter dismay, the bubbles were tough but leaked from one cell to the other. They just couldn't be popped.

In desperation I went to that store that's everywhere and found a roll of BW. I confess I tried out a few bubbles before I bought. It was perfect! Pillowy and poppable with a good "crack". I'm a blissful popper.

I once had a cat which shared my addiction. While she watched intently, I'd twist up a small piece of BW so there were about a half-dozen very tight bubbles bunched up. As soon as I offered it to her and told her to bite it, she'd grin and pop every one of those bubbles and wait for more.

So, are you a bubble wrap popper? What level? Do you like the big bubbles or the small ones? I'm betting you're a fellow addict. Am I right?

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to step on them. When i was a kid i would grab a big sheet and roll around on the floor like a burrito.

Once i got some in the mail but they were all connected and unpoppable...super disappointing. Now i keep it to wrap my china in and Christmas decorations.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep some for shipping things. But I have to keep it out of my kids hands first. :lol: I've been tempted to buy them their own roll as a Christmas gift! :p

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm definitely a bubble wrap addict. I save it up so I can pop a whole bunch at once. Doing more is always better. lol

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I save it. I always am thinking I might sell some things on E-bay and need it. But so far, I still have it all.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A rubber mallet (or rubber hammer) works really good for the ones that don't pop that easily. In fact even if they have been popped often the mallet will be able to trap enough air to pop them a second time. Also it's a lot easier on the fingers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
A mallet might let me take out my frustrations but I really love the feel of the squish just before they pop. Sometimes I twist up a small bunch and pop them all at once. What fun! As I said, I'm a junkie.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
haha I gots a funny story...bubble wrap..we had a guy who we played jokes on..bubble wrap he hated.
he drove the fork truck and we decided to put a sheet of it on the floor behind where he was driving-it made the loudest pops and scared even us-it wasn't my idea=but I thought it was funny!! and he had a good sense of humor about it anyways. We never did it again cause well it was just a one time thing.

Anyways I don't pop the bubbles but I know people who do...it's relaxing-but I use it for the antique shop so I try not to ruin it for them to use for wrapping fragiles up. So if you do get it don't throw it away=donate it to the local antique shop in your area-they will thank you!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you do when something comes packaged in bubble wrap? ..

I once had a cat which shared my addiction. While she watched intently, I'd twist up a small piece of BW so there were about a half-dozen very tight bubbles bunched up. As soon as I offered it to her and told her to bite it, she'd grin and pop every one of those bubbles and wait for more.

haha, I have a cat now that loves the sound of the bubbles being popped.
So, I only pop the bubbles... for her...:rolleyes: