Brownish fur and dry skin on one paw: should I be worried?

NerdyLizard5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have noticed some brown patches of skin on one of my cat’s legs and some peeling skin on the pad of a toe, as well as what might be some sort of cracking skin along the bottom of the paw pad. I think the brown fur has been there since I adopted her a month ago, but I’m not sure. Should I be concerned? I can’t afford a ton of vet bills if it’s a false alarm but I want to take the best care of my kitty.
9DE2D788-EC29-4C48-B139-F85A18227FB5.jpeg
727DB944-D020-4A3C-800B-6447EB12A4F1.jpeg

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Has she had an exam since you adopted her? If not it is a good idea to get her established with a vet. I know money is tight, but an exam shouldn’t be to bad.
There is no way anyone can tell from a picture what is going on with the skin. It could be anything from allergy, to ringworm. There just isn’t a way to tell. I doubt it’s ringworm, but best to have it checked before it gets worse.
Is she an inside cat? Does she have fleas? How long have you had her, and when did you first notice it? Has it changed in appearance at all?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NerdyLizard5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has she had an exam since you adopted her? If not it is a good idea to get her established with a vet. I know money is tight, but an exam shouldn’t be to bad.
There is no way anyone can tell from a picture what is going on with the skin. It could be anything from allergy, to ringworm. There just isn’t a way to tell. I doubt it’s ringworm, but best to have it checked before it gets worse.
Is she an inside cat? Does she have fleas? How long have you had her, and when did you first notice it? Has it changed in appearance at all?
She is an inside cat, no fleas, and I’ve had her for a month. Both the shelter and the vet I took her to for a check up gave her a clean bill of health and I’ve noticed the brown before and thought it was just dirt. It doesn’t come off with washing and there’s some black around the outside of the paw pad and more red-brown coloring, but only on the one paw.