Brown mark/thing on kitten leg?

weirdkatlade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently got a newborn kitten, about 2-3 weeks old. The people who found her were giving her daily baths and did note that she had fleas, but after giving her my own flea bath, nothing was found. We did notice she had this brown thing on her leg. Don’t know what it is, any ideas? We can’t take her to the vet since she’s too young, so she’s in separation from my other adult cat.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Doesn't look like a tick, looks almost like a scab to me, but hard to tell. Did your Vet tell you she is too young to be seen? I'm never heard of a kitten too young to be seen, but then again, I've never had one so young :dunno:. I would certainly think she should get the "all clear" before you even think about letting your adult cat be around her, but would also think that might be quite some time due to how young she is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weirdkatlade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most hospitals around say he’s too young to be vaccines, but wellness checks should be fine. I volunteer at a shelter w/ cats so I know the precautions I should take with my adult cut, keeping them separated, etc. Will be setting up an appointment ASAP. I think it’s a scab too, if anything the vet will handle it. I just wanted to see if anyone’s dealt with anything familiar is all :)