Bromelain dose?

P+P's Meom

What if I don't want to stay calm?
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all!
Does anyone know the suggested dosage for bromelain?

Our vet has ok'd adding a bit of bromelain to Pitter's diet, but isn't familiar enough with it to suggest a dose.

It's mostly for Pitter, but want to add it to Patter's diet as well.

As a digestive aid for both of them and in Pitter's case, as an anti-inflammatory.

TIA
🥰
×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×

Background on Pitter (just in case it's helpful)
He's 7.5 years old. He has mild kidney disease.
He was diagnosed with pancreatitis and ibd 2 years ago by an Internal Medicine vet with ultrasounds. It had taken over 2 years to get, he was in rough shape for a while ...

He's been doing really good this past year, until 2 months ago when he got into food that he shouldn't have.

He seemed ok at first, but then got sicker + sicker. On the 3rd day we took him to the Animal ER. He was in kidney failure with only 30% kidney function and less than 50% chance of pulling through . . . He was admitted to the hospital for 3.5 days. On fluids, pain meds, etc.

He's doing good - with the exception of him still having issues with being constipated. But that's been an issue since he was a tiny kitten.
(He's always had wet food. He actually likes pureed pumpkin so I mix it in his food and give him a bit on the side. Daily miralax.)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would go back to your Vet and insist that they find out what the dosage should be. Get it wrong and it can cause issues like ulcers, mouth ulcers and tummy ulcers. Since it's made from pineapples, think of what happens to you when you eat a fresh pineapple :sigh:. I love them and tend to over do it when there are in season. Boy, do I get a raw mouth and sometimes an upset stomach.