Bringing In A Stray Cat

Sam the man

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need help with a cat loll
There's a cat on my block me and all my friends have been looking after n she is really friendly with me and has come in my house a few times but I think she didnt want to be in my house because Id close the door and she'd go to the door and jus start going meow meow meow but slowly and almost really sadly so I had to open the door to let her out but I feed her and give her water everyday without fail and she always let's me.stroke her no matter how anxious she behaves. If she's alone and a car pulls up she'll run away but if I'm. Stroking her she'll just chill no matter how much noise

Is she my friend? I've named her and she responds to the name plus she knows my face
Any chance I'll be able to give her a home without making her sad...

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I need help with a cat loll
There's a cat on my block me and all my friends have been looking after n she is really friendly with me and has come in my house a few times but I think she didnt want to be in my house because Id close the door and she'd go to the door and jus start going meow meow meow but slowly and almost really sadly so I had to open the door to let her out but I feed her and give her water everyday without fail and she always let's me.stroke her no matter how anxious she behaves. If she's alone and a car pulls up she'll run away but if I'm. Stroking her she'll just chill no matter how much noise

Is she my friend? I've named her and she responds to the name plus she knows my face
Any chance I'll be able to give her a home without making her sad...
A rescue took the mom and her second litter of 4. First few days the mom hid. Then she started coming out on her own. Maybe 5 yrs old. She was sitting on the lap of the person that rescued her and her kittens.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
S Sam the man Sounds to me like you have made a forever friend! Good job! Kitty may be a little scared of being shut in. It takes time to get to know each other. That kitty obviously trusts and loves you already. If she runs when she is alone then she does not feel safe outside. Cats are at risk of being hit by cars, chased by dogs or hurt by other animals or people. She needs your help. They are also at risk of getting pregnant or if they are male, getting into fights over a female if they are not spayed or neutered. If you want the kitty as a pet there are things you can do to get her used to being inside. Making sure it can’t produce babies is a good idea as well. Do you know anymore about the history of the kitty? Does it have the tip of one ear missing? I don’t know where you live but in some places you can get help with shots and vet care. I am glad you came to Thecatsite! Welcome! If you would like some information on anything this is the place to find help. I know you said you tried to bring kitty in but when you shut the door the kitty was upset. That is a normal reaction for the kitty to have. It takes time for them to get used to being shut inside. It is new for them. If they want to mate they will insist on going out too. There are so many unwanted kitties it would be better if kitty did not make more. You can get the kitty used to being inside. If you can, try feeding her inside and sit with her while she eats. Feeding time is a good time to earn her trust even more. You can either practice with her by bringing her in very often or just make the commitment to keep her in no matter what. If you can write more about what goes on I will try to help you. If the kitty came to me I would keep her in and comfort her when she cries. She may get very upset for awhile but she will likely get used to being in and be grateful. Getting her spayed will help to keep her with you. I am so glad you are already helping her. Feeding her and making sure she has water is helping her to stay alive and probably will help to keep her safe and close to your home. Write back if you want more information. Love to hear more about her. I think other people will respond to what you wrote here too. Nice to meet you and your kitty! :welcomesign:

I would welcome others giving info here. If we need to guide things further then we can help on a thread.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you got your own thread! This will get you a lot more responses and help. This is a very good thing. You can still send me private messages or PM me and I will answer but this route will be more help for you. I will watch your thread too and that way I can see your posts. Please keep writing so we know how you are doing!