Bridge of nose cracking

Kimdays

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello there fellow cat lovers

Phoenix just got neutered on Friday everything seems like it was done successfully. However yesterday I noticed the bridge of my cats nose started looking a little dry and cracked. I also opened his mouth and gums seem not as pink. Is this a sign of dehydration or something worse? It is summer here in California and has been warmer. However he’s an indoor cat and we try to leave the fans on for him when we leave to work.
Has anyone gone through this? Phoenix is 2 years and a half. He had been eating and drinking as much as he normally does.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kimdays

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He mainly eats dry food as he used to throw up with wet food before for eating too fast. Would you recommend petroleum jelly on nose?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Agree with Cat McCannon Cat McCannon send this photo to your vet and have him seen.

Re:wet food. A lick mat solves the problem of scarfing or feeding smaller portions at a time.
At least one portion of wet food with extra water per day is especially vital for preventing urinary issues in male cats.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Please have him checked ASAP. This could be anything from dryness to an autoimmune disease like pemphigus. Are his paw pads dry as well?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
He mainly eats dry food as he used to throw up with wet food before for eating too fast. Would you recommend petroleum jelly on nose?
I also have a licker that throws up from eating to fast. Now intolerant to chicken. She eats on an elevated bowl and away from my cats. I spread her food out. He is dehydrated from just eating dry and the weather

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would for sure check with your vet, but it could be something as simple as something with moisture got dripped on his nose during surgery and has now dried up. That's kind of what it looks like to me. Have you tried to wipe it with a warm-ish wet washcloth and then let it dry?