• Bengal

• Tabby x Bengal

Results are only viewable after voting.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We really dont see much. We need to have good pics of the sides and back, to see the exact pattern. Spots on belly are very common in many tabbies, also these NOT spotted.

But my impression so far, from this little I can see, your kittens are very adorable; and they are tabbies. No visible traces of bengals nor tabby of the bengal type.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

506frosty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We really dont see much. We need to have good pics of the sides and back, to see the exact pattern. Spots on belly are very common in many tabbies, also these NOT spotted.

But my impression so far, from this little I can see, your kittens are very adorable; and they are tabbies. No visible traces of bengals nor tabby of the bengal type.
this is a better picture

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, much better. They may be called for broken mackerel tabby, but I think they could be called for spotted tabby. Not that common, but this pattern exists among moggies too.

The exact is most important for breeders, whom wants to know if its the spotted gene or the mackerel gene they carry. For a everyday cat owner it doesnt matter much. We are happy if they are healthy, beautiful and cute. As yours are. :)

Lefty has probably double genes, for classic tabby and for spotted tabby. We see it because some spots builds up this typical bulls eye.
But classic tabby gene is recesive versus the other tabby genes, so the spotted tabby dominates.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue broken mackerel tabbies. Spots are actually quite common in regular DSH :)