Breed??

Ericarus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was a pregnant stray i took her in because shes a beatuiful cat im not sure how to describe her

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ericarus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Those are pics of her and her kittens

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! She's lovely! I'm not expert enough to tell you but hopefully there will be other members who come in for you :)

Ericarus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tyvm im trying to figure it out her kittens will be ready for new homes on the 29 of sept. And ppl asking if i know whst their mixed with they were born the 4th of aug ik 6 weeks is usually the time for new homes but i always like to make sure so their hsppy and healthy

Last edited by a moderator:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tyvm im trying to figure it out her kittens will be ready for new homes on the 29 of sept. And ppl asking if i know whst their mixed with they were born the 4th of aug ik 6 weeks is usually the time for new homes but i always like to make sure so their hsppy and healthy
Actually the time for new homes is 10-12 weeks old. 6 weeks they are just learning how to eat and potty on their own. They will miss out on the "how to cat" lessons from Mom. Kittens removed under 10 weeks will frequently have behavior problems as a result. If you absolutely cannot keep them until 10 weeks, 8 weeks is the absolute minimum but the owners will need to either have existing cats or know how to raise young kittens. Biting, aggressive play and scratching are the most common behavior problems when kittens are taken too young from mom and also high rehoming causes.

As to breed, domestic short hair. Adorable little ones for sure but not a specific breed. In the cat world almost every single cat you run across will be domestic. Very few cats are actually a specific breed, breeding in cats and the idea of being purebred is only a 150 year theory. Unlike dogs, a cat could look like a specific breed and not have any actually heritage in that breed. I actually don't see anything that specifically makes me think a specific breed.

Ericarus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes the 29 of sept will be 8 weeks but i can wait till 10 weeks if its better im keeping 2 of them one was born with twited bk legs is there something that can be done for her ans she is one of them im keeping because i dont wont her to be mistreated for her legs
Can you maybe wait until at least 8 weeks?

Ericarus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Actually the time for new homes is 10-12 weeks old. 6 weeks they are just learning how to eat and potty on their own. They will miss out on the "how to cat" lessons from Mom. Kittens removed under 10 weeks will frequently have behavior problems as a result. If you absolutely cannot keep them until 10 weeks, 8 weeks is the absolute minimum but the owners will need to either have existing cats or know how to raise young kittens. Biting, aggressive play and scratching are the most common behavior problems when kittens are taken too young from mom and also high rehoming causes.

As to breed, domestic short hair. Adorable little ones for sure but not a specific breed. In the cat world almost every single cat you run across will be domestic. Very few cats are actually a specific breed, breeding in cats and the idea of being purebred is only a 150 year theory. Unlike dogs, a cat could look like a specific breed and not have any actually heritage in that breed. I actually don't see anything that specifically makes me think a specific breed.
Ty for the info on kittens ive always waited 8 weeks on mine but i start waiting longer now ive got some kittens before at 6 weeks from other ppl and they were very sick like

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes the 29 of sept will be 8 weeks but i can wait till 10 weeks if its better im keeping 2 of them one was born with twited bk legs is there something that can be done for her ans she is one of them im keeping because i dont wont her to be mistreated for her legs
Thank you.

That looks more like a birth defect then an injury. But I am not a vet and without having a vet look at her it would be hard to know for sure. She should see a vet and get x-rays to determine the cause and if there is further internal deformities. If you have a vet training school or university near you, they would be the best option as they would know the most advance treatment options. They also may be willing to provide services at a reduced cost as a teaching experience.

There are plenty of cats with no rear mobility. They are special needs cats and need additional assistance along with an indoor only life. Check out Chloe, Chloe, or Scotter, Home, for examples of cats with mobility issues.

Ericarus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ty she is 2 weeks old is it too soon for vet or can i take her in morning

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ty she is 2 weeks old is it too soon for vet or can i take her in morning
I would at least get a vet to exam her by 6 weeks old, sooner if she seems to have problems going to the bathroom or bloats more then her siblings. You would want to find someone who is comfortable with neonatal kittens. Call around first to find someone who is comfortable, probably send the photo to see if they would be willing to exam at this point or want to wait. Size can make a good exam difficult plus time away from Mom is risky at that age but I would be worrying about the possibility of other complications.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
6 weeks is actually far too early to separate the kittens from their mother. They won't even be weaned by then, plus they need the extra time with mama for her to teach them manners. 12-14 weeks is standard for breeders of registered cats to send them to their new homes. If you can make it to at least 8-10 weeks with your kittens they'll be a lot better off. At least make sure they are completely weaned.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is what is going on with her legs, but time is critical to get started on correcting them as they are very soft and pliable now.
You will be doing massaging then bending.
Take the leg and foot in to your hands and start working them, rubbing between your fingers, massaging on and on, all areas and important to get the foot/ankle area as well.
After doing this for maybe a full 5 minutes, you have stimulated growth, then start bending them in the correct position, slightly over-correcting them.
Back and forth back and forth, over and over.
Then on to the next leg/foot.
The more often you do this daily, the more success. If you are vigilant and do this several times a day every day, she will have normal legs/paws or very very close.
Be sure to not rush through, the massaging prior to bending is critical for success.