Brand new kitten has bumps on nose

PoSpotBinx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

We just adopted a brand new kitten (8 weeks old) and he’s got some mysterious bumps on his nose that neither us nor the vet have been able to identify. The vet told us to wait and see if it goes away and contact them if he gets tired or lethargic. He's certainly not either of those. He’s got full kitten energy everyday.

On his first visit with the vet they said he was very healthy, but had a cold that should clear up. He’s been sneezing and such, which makes sense given the cold, and we’re hoping the bumps are associated with that... but we’re also getting anxious as they stick around.

Its now been about a week and the weirdest thing about the bumps is that they go up and down in size and move around his nose from day to day. (We’ve thought they were going away, only for them to return on the other side).

I’m attaching a photo. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry no one has responded to your post yet! I can't tell from the pics, but it would seem that looks more like swelling from inside the nose rather than actual bumps. Does he have any drainage from them? Is he still sneezing? Does he seem congested? Maybe some sort of pockets of fluid collection related to what ever is causing his 'cold'? Has he been on any antibiotics to see if that might clear them up completely?

I would ask the vet about what they could do to check the inside of his nose. Don't know if that would mean an x-ray, CT scan, or a scope to look at the internal structure of his nose.

By me responding to your post it will 'bump' it up on the list so more members should see it and hopefully respond with their thoughts!