Boy or girl kitten

Rachelcatmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,
I'm new here but was hoping for some help. I was told this sweet kitten is a girl but I think she might be a boy. I would love guesses on if she will be long or short hair as well. She came with this little sore on her bottom so sorry that's in the picture.
Thanks so much!!

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a boy to me! (Out of 5 kittens I have 4 girls!) I think he will also be short hair, my experience with long hair is that they have very fluffy tails when they are young, like a bottle brush. And hair tufts between the toes. I think he has 'kitten fuzz' right now. Congratulations, a beautiful little one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rachelcatmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like a boy to me! (Out of 5 kittens I have 4 girls!) I think he will also be short hair, my experience with long hair is that they have very fluffy tails when they are young, like a bottle brush. And hair tufts between the toes. I think he has 'kitten fuzz' right now. Congratulations, a beautiful little one!
Thank you! I thought boy too but then I looked up pictures and it confused me even more. Lol. Thank you for your help!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean, I have two feral 5 month plus and still can't tell. They won't let me close enough and just won't lift up their tails when I am! I just want them fixed before they get pregnant!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Orange kittens will always be male unless both parents are orange. It takes two orange genes to produce a female orange kitten. 😊

Rachelcatmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Orange kittens will always be male unless both parents are orange. It takes two orange genes to produce a female orange kitten. 😊
Funny you say that because every kitten was orange and they thought all seven were female so I asked if the dad was orange because the mom was there and she was orange and they told me that yes the dad was orange. Mom is short hair and dad is long hair.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I found out all about that at the last place I lived. I had many orange and orange and white females, but it was because they were all inbred! None ever had any problems because of that, but many died young, they were feral. I have a little orange and mama cat from there right now and a solid red longhaired son, and a clone of herself, another son. We lived with a sea of orange!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, the kitten looks to be a male, but if you have 7 orange kittens, and some are female, the dad had to be male. Two orange cats can produce male and female kittens, but one orange cat will produce only male orange kittens. Make sense?

Rachelcatmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, the kitten looks to be a male, but if you have 7 orange kittens, and some are female, the dad had to be male. Two orange cats can produce male and female kittens, but one orange cat will produce only male orange kittens. Make sense?
Yes. Lol. I totally misunderstood but I get it. Thank you! He totally has a boy cat personality so I am not surprised. He is so confident and playful. I love boy cats!

Rachelcatmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My husband wants to see what a couple more people think about this little guys gender. Is there anyone else on here who agrees he is a boy or thinks that we actually have a girl??

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The mama could be a tortie, too. But yeah, 2 orange cats will have all orange kittens!

I agree he's a male, and probably shorthaired.

Joelle and the kittens

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyway, your adorable kitten reminds me of my sweet boy Orange&White (aka Horatio Tybalt the Prince of Cats) when he was little.
OnW in box cropped.png onw and grey lounging on pillow.jpeg

Here's a sneak peak of what your kitten might look like in ~7 months!
OnW Jan 2022 on Sam's legs.jpeg