Books About Cats

ashleyo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really enjoyed The Cat Who Cried for Help by Nicholas Dodman. It really gave me some insight into some of my cat's strange behavior. 

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two of my favorite cat books, one fiction, one non-fiction.

First is an old story, but I still love it to pieces and re-read it every couple years or so. 

The true story of Uncle Whiskers, and that's also the title.  "Uncle Whiskers"   by Philip Brown. 

This cat became an immediate hero for me, and he still is.  You'll cry, but you'll also cheer!

The second is also an old book, "Blitz Cat" by Robert Westall, a quasi-biographical story

of a cat caught in the bombing in England during WWII and how she dealt with her many adventures. 

Fantastic story telling!

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Deric Longden, Starts with the "The Cat Who Came in From the Cold" He lives in England., He felt sorry for his neighbor's kitten who was stuck out in the rain.... He writes about everyday life with Thermal and his legally blind wife. Sounds serious, but he writes about everyday life with their kitten in a very humorous way.

He wrote more about life later on as more cats join the family.
Check him out !

I also love the Rita Mae Brown's "Mrs. Murphy" mysteries. Also her horse mysteries too about American Fox Hunting...

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats for dummies, it is a great read for first time or potential cat owners. It covers all cat care topics and has an index for quick look ups. The is a nice medical section too with advice about when to see a vet.