Bonaparte will get his mouse!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I left Bonaparte in the back hall where I keep sacks of dry bread, carrots, cat food and other supplies. He escaped in there when a friend arrived and I forgot him. When I remembered he was there, he was playing with a dead mouse. I took it and flushed it away, but he was determined to stay where he was and showed me where there was another one, crouched behind a box. So I left him to it and he is still there, four hours later, waiting for his second mouse to emerge. I cannot see it any more and I think it has got away, but he is obviously equally sure that all he has to do is wait! At least I know that the animal food is all in safe hands.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... sweet guard kitty!

Our daughter's kitty Sparkle caught a mouse once - I don't know how or where but probably from the basement - and left it in a cardboard dollhouse our daughter had made. We don't know how long the mouse was there; she doesn't clean her room often, lol & ew!

Is Bonaparte still waiting?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My RB girl, Kiki, was an inside/outside cat. One day she brought a tiny, little field mouse to the from door. When she dropped it, it scampered off the ledge of our stoop. We lived on the second story of an apartment complex. She was like, "where did my mousy go!!"

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a good mouser Bonaparte is. The 2nd mouse might have gotten away for now, but he'll be back and I bet Bonaparte will get him

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At our first ever house we used to have mice come in on a regular basis, the house was 150 years old and it used to make me laugh because the cats would sit there for hours waiting for the mouse to come out from its hiding place. Hope he gets the mouse. x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, he eventually got fed up waiting and the mouse lived to fight another day. But he will get it in the end, I am sure.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Well, he eventually got fed up waiting and the mouse lived to fight another day. But he will get it in the end, I am sure.
I'm sure you're right about that, Jenny! It's only a matter of time.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great little hunter!

Elliott is very much our hunter. In the place we lived in before we moved here, there was quite the mouse problem, but only 2 ever got in. The first one was dead, but the second one I pried from Elliott's jaws and put back outside. The mouse must have told his friends not to go into our place where it's full of cats because we never saw another after that!
The funny thing is though, we would ALWAYS find Elliott up staring at the spot where they came through the wall. He was literally obsessed with that spot.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is still around - I found a spot of urine this morning on the floor beside the sack of dry bread that I keep for the ponies. Bonaparte, Wellington and Biscotte spent most of the day in the hall, just sitting waiting, but their combined presence was enough to frighten any mouse off its food!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It is still around - I found a spot of urine this morning on the floor beside the sack of dry bread that I keep for the ponies. Bonaparte, Wellington and Biscotte spent most of the day in the hall, just sitting waiting, but their combined presence was enough to frighten any mouse off its food!
Yes, having watched more than one mouse on the top of a door frame, contemplating how to evade the two Watching Cats below it...
I can well imagine the little thing's distress.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Might take some time, even a week, but they'll get him don't worry

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I found that the mouse was inside my bread sack, so I emptied it carefully until I had a large paper sack with a small mouse at the bottom. I took it outside to let it go and unfortunately (for the mouse) Ellie turned up before the mouse had found shelter. Goodbye mouse. Bonaparte watched the whole thing from a perch on the BBQ roof but didn't seem very excited. I think he had forgotten it was HIS mouse originally.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Poor mouse, but I suppose it made Ellie happy.

I found a whole bunch of feathers in our backyard Monday, and was blaming them on Miezi. When my husband got home, he said he'd been out there when a hawk swept down and got the bird about a meter from where he was standing. It scared the wits out of him.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate watching when they catch the mouse and kill it, and eat it.

Ellie. Congratulations to her!

Kinda feel bad for Bonaparte considering he waited all that time.

Hopefully the mouse get's to go to a catfree section of rainbow
bridge