#bombcyclone Storm Hitting The Usa Eastern Seaboard. How Are You Prepping?

4theloveofcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
#BombCyclone Storm hitting the USA Eastern Seaboard. How are you Prepping?

As I hope many of you have read and heard, a wild storm is speeding up the Eastern Seaboard.
It will also reach inland.
It will bring incredibly strong winds and insanely low temps.

How are you all prepping further for outdoor kittehs?

I have a small set up out back, but I want to do all I can to shield them from the winds and cold temps.

Please list your best hacks and tips.

Stay safe all!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there anyway to lure them inside to a garage or basement? A few years ago we had a terrible wind storm; a derecho. I was able to lure my feral inside. He was so afraid that he came inside.

Do you have a deck or someplace safe they could get underneath? I used to put the rubbermaid type shelters wedged under my deck.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this awful storm. I will be sending love and light to you and your kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4theloveofcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 5 adopted ferals in addition to my two "regular" cats. So we are full up. And the 3 outside are "super" ferals, 1 has been outside for 8 years and almost ripped my neighbor's hair off while recuperating after she was TNR'd and staying at her house. Neighbor is luck and in South of France right now.
No basement or garage here.
The current set up is 3-4 Rubbermaid containers under a patio table with two tarps on top of the patio table.
There is a 3 foot roof overhang above the patio table.
Inside the Rubbermaid bins are some straw and Reflectix (sort of a mylar material).
But the wind, wind chills and lows forecast seem insane. I also am fearful for a lot of people and animals who are only getting updated last minute warnings.