Bomb Squad called to the street my sister lives on!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm totally freaked out. Someone found a backpack with wires coming out of in their driveway attached to a neighbor's house. Police and bomb squad are there. It's down on the other end of the street from her house, but no idea about what's going on now. I guess they Xrayed it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She just said they all left, so I guess it was not a bomb. The local tv station didn't have any news, so I may have to try to get it back on for the 10:00 to see what they found out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Following up. I asked my sister if there was anything new and she said it was a radon detection device left behind by a worker that was testing for radon at that house. I don't know if they've discovered who did it, but I'm guessing someone is in pretty big trouble. Scared the heck out of a lot of people, including me :mad:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Following up. I asked my sister if there was anything new and she said it was a radon detection device left behind by a worker that was testing for radon at that house. I don't know if they've discovered who did it, but I'm guessing someone is in pretty big trouble. Scared the heck out of a lot of people, including me :mad:
Yep, I bet someone got a severe reprimand if not fired although maybe not with the labor shortage. :thanks:for the update.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I bet someone got a severe reprimand if not fired although maybe not with the labor shortage. :thanks:for the update.
They should. They scared the heck out of a lot of people. Seriously, how could this person be so careless???!!!

So happy that it wasn't some Psycho trying to hurt people. What a relief!!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scary! Most bomb scares end up being something innocent like that, thankfully. But better safe than sorry. When I was a kid, we lived on a military base and they used to do little tests, where they'd leave a duffel bag somewhere unattended and the first person to call it in got a prize. Too bad this wasn't one of those tests :D.

As far as I know, radon tests have to be left in place for an extended period of time. You'd think they'd have RADON TEST written on it in big letters somewhere just to avoid this type of issue.