Blueish/purple bump

Lisa1974

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 17 yr.old Peepers in the last 3 months has developed a bump on her lower lip, a blueish purple color. I have been in the hospital for a month due from Covid so I really do not know what could have possibly went on with her.
Im thinking myself could have been from my boyfriend not cleaning their dishes like I usually do.
He was sick too but not as bad as I was & he was laying around for 2 week feeling crappy.
I took her to our new vet Dr. which we only seen 4 times so far and 1 time was for my other cat. Anyways

Dr. is not for sure what it is & sais we can treat it for acne maybe some bacteria around the bowls and or I can do a biopsy to see if its cancer.
I`m looking for others opinions before I spend $800.00 for a test that possibly is negative,
plus I'm still paying on a $2,100 dental extractions bill from 5 months ago.
She is so much worth $800.00 for me to get a test, but being 17 yrs old Id like to get others opinions/experience.
Peepers has had acne in the past
My other cat does not seem to have anything wrong with her mouth

The bump has gotten bigger since her visit a week ago. I took 2 pictures last night hopefully they are good enough to see.
F Y I.... They eat their dry out of stainless steel bowls & their water too... I put their AM can food on a Styrofoam plate.
I clean the water bowl every AM, I have always cleaned their food bowls every 2 or 3 days but now I have started cleaning them out every AM with the water.

Thank you

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are several possible causes, and I would think that it might be best to try something for a bacterial issue first. You might want to ask your vet about a needle aspiration/analysis of the tissue, instead of an actual biopsy - which I think would be a bit less expensive and less invasive. Also, ask your vet about the possibility of this being some sort of allergy - environmental or food (either old or new food could be a cause).

Here is an article about granulomas and their causes/treatments.
What to Know About Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex in Cats (webmd.com)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lisa1974

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! I will look into that now. I am going to call the vet shortly too. I did buy from the vet DouxoS 3 Antiseptic antifungal pads and a tube of Mupirocin ointment.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I hope you are feeling better. I agree that there should be something like a needle aspiration that would give you an idea of what this is. If it is acne, it should respond quickly to the other meds you are trying.

Lisa1974

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 17 yr.old Peepers in the last 3 months has developed a bump on her lower lip, a blueish purple color. I have been in the hospital for a month due from Covid so I really do not know what could have possibly went on with her.
Im thinking myself could have been from my boyfriend not cleaning their dishes like I usually do.
He was sick too but not as bad as I was & he was laying around for 2 week feeling crappy.
I took her to our new vet Dr. which we only seen 4 times so far and 1 time was for my other cat. Anyways

Dr. is not for sure what it is & sais we can treat it for acne maybe some bacteria around the bowls and or I can do a biopsy to see if its cancer.
I`m looking for others opinions before I spend $800.00 for a test that possibly is negative,
plus I'm still paying on a $2,100 dental extractions bill from 5 months ago.
She is so much worth $800.00 for me to get a test, but being 17 yrs old Id like to get others opinions/experience.
Peepers has had acne in the past
My other cat does not seem to have anything wrong with her mouth

The bump has gotten bigger since her visit a week ago. I took 2 pictures last night hopefully they are good enough to see.
F Y I.... They eat their dry out of stainless steel bowls & their water too... I put their AM can food on a Styrofoam plate.
I clean the water bowl every AM, I have always cleaned their food bowls every 2 or 3 days but now I have started cleaning them out every AM with the water.

Thank you
PEEPERSCHIN.jpg

Lisa1974

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took Peepers to the vet last week, The Dr seen this on Peepers personally, but I did actually just send this to her 10 min. ago. Now she can look at it without peepers moving around lol.