Blue Buffalo W+U

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the category of "I like to plan WAY in advance", has anyone fed their cats this? Boone and Gracie won't be going on adult food until at least April of next year but.... :lol: Our last male cat kept getting urinary stones even on prescription food. Got so bad that he had the surgery to pee like a girl. (I actually watched an episode on one of the vet shows and had no idea that they throw the penis away :oops:)

Anyhoo.... I would like to start Boone (and Gracie for that matter) off right and am thinking about feeding them this when the time comes. The lady who captured them had been feeding them wet food which gave them horrible diarrhea when I got them. I started them off on dry Kitten Chow mixed with water for the first week or so when I got them. That made their poos solid at least. Then switched them over to Blue Wilderness Kitten food (both dry and wet but I split the small can of wet food between them and they only get wet food for dinner. Dry stays out all day/night). They seem to really enjoy BW and I like that the kibble is small. So, I'd like to stick with that brand. Our other male was on the Royal Canin and still got crystals so not really looking at that brand.

BLUE Natural Veterinary Diet® - W+U Weight Management & Urinary Care Cat Food | Blue Buffalo

VoidIndigo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have not fed my cat that, but I USED to fed him Blue Buffalo Wilderness canned cat food. When I brought him to the vet the first time, and they diagnosed him with "partial urinary blockage" and subsequently FIC / FLUTD / FUS (apparently it's got a lot of names, and means "chronic UTI sufferer") they told me they see a high percentage of cats that eat Blue Buffalo come in with these problems. I'm not saying do or don't feed it... and neither did the vet. And the specific one you linked is not what I was feeding him... but, just FYI

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not fed my cat that, but I USED to fed him Blue Buffalo Wilderness canned cat food. When I brought him to the vet the first time, and they diagnosed him with "partial urinary blockage" and subsequently FIC / FLUTD / FUS (apparently it's got a lot of names, and means "chronic UTI sufferer") they told me they see a high percentage of cats that eat Blue Buffalo come in with these problems. I'm not saying do or don't feed it... and neither did the vet. And the specific one you linked is not what I was feeding him... but, just FYI
Well the one I link is for urinary health so if it gives cats urinary issues, that isn't good at all. Guess I need to research it some more. See?? This is why I plan stuff so early!! :lol: