blood in stool after spay

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its been about 5 days since my cat has been spayed and she’s healing up nicely. Everything seems normal other than her stool. Its not diarrhea but its softer than a usual stool. Its not dark or streaked with blood theres simply a small bright red drip seemingly when shes done. I know its most likely stress but i just want an opinion on it. No vomiting, no appetite problems, no lethargy. All is per usual other than the stool. Also here is a picture of her incision, i think it looks good but just incase a second opinion is always nice. I also think her body may be rejecting the tattoo? it seems to be trying to come off like a scab.
IMG_3388.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scabbing is normal after a tattoo, looks good! If it is bright red blood, it is most likely near the entrance, or at the anus. If you can, try to see if there is a small tear, or anything unusual under her tail. You could take a picture and bring it in to your vet, or Email it to them. i would think it will clear up within a week, just observe if you can and see. as long as she is acting normal and not hiding, is eating/drinking/using litter box, everything should be fine!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Scabbing is normal after a tattoo, looks good! If it is bright red blood, it is most likely near the entrance, or at the anus. If you can, try to see if there is a small tear, or anything unusual under her tail. You could take a picture and bring it in to your vet, or Email it to them. i would think it will clear up within a week, just observe if you can and see. as long as she is acting normal and not hiding, is eating/drinking/using litter box, everything should be fine!
alright thank you! ☺ i don’t see anything unusual but i’ll continue to monitor her.