Blood came from anus...Insight required..!!

Ramkumar M

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_20210918_174431.jpg IMG_20211008_234233.jpg

Hey everyone this is my cat Rose. She is almost 5 months old. This afternoon she wandered away from our house. Usually she wanders to the nearby houses and returns. But this time I couldn't find her for a while, after sometime I heard a cat fight noise nearby and checked quickly. When I went there, it looked like my cat was cornered by a fully adult male cat(who is usually a boss cat in my street) tried to pound it and I shooed it away. After it came home, it had blood around her anus mixed with poop which looked like the blood came out of it. I don't know if my cat has some kind of digestion problem because once my cat pooped and peed on the spot out of fear when she saw a grown cat nearby.

My doubt is whether that male cat tried to mate with my cat or she just pooped blood out because of different reasons. I thought I could use some knowledge of you guys before taking her to the vet. Please kindly reply ASAP....Thank you

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she been wormed, they can cause blood. She may have forced the feces out too, from fright and fear of the big cat, it may have caused blood, He might have tried to mate with her, causing injury, if she has not been spayed, now is the time to do it, they can come into heat as young as 4 months. Please try to keep her inside, as one who has picked up and buried a LOT of outside cats, it is just not worth letting them out and prey to dogs, the street, and other dangers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ramkumar M

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has she been wormed, they can cause blood. She may have forced the feces out too, from fright and fear of the big cat, it may have caused blood, He might have tried to mate with her, causing injury, if she has not been spayed, now is the time to do it, they can come into heat as young as 4 months. Please try to keep her inside, as one who has picked up and buried a LOT of outside cats, it is just not worth letting them out and prey to dogs, the street, and other dangers.
She pooped tapeworms a month ago so I took it to the vet and dewormed and things went smooth after that. So I think its not by worms.
She was raised by mommy cat for three months with one of her sibling(male). Since mommy cat was our regular customer for food before giving birth, she brought her kittens here and raised them behind our house in front of us the whole time. and because of it, she pretty much grew as a feral cat herself with her sibling brother. After 3 months the mother cat ran away :( and once her sibling went outside and dogs got him too :((( after burying him, I'm taking utmost care of her for the past 1 and half months not even caring about my life lol because I can't lose her too....I usually don't let her go outside our house and catch it when it does..., besides for sometime pooping. I thought I was restricting her too much, so I decided to let her roam of her own and trusted her to return,
But I as soon as I thought she can hold her own, this happened. Haven't thought about spaying but now it looks like I need to seriously consider it.

Thanks for the advise..!! how's di and bob doing

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, you really need to get her spayed ASAP. If she has any outdoor access at all she WILL get pregnant, so please do that as soon as you can.

Cats will continue to pick up worms and other parasites if they go outside too. You need to treat her for worms every 30 days, even if she is only going out into your back yard.

Have you thought about training her to walk on a harness? Once she's been spayed you could let her have some safe outdoor time that way.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
From my experience with ferals, my guess is that the male cat tried to mate with her. I have seen unneutered males attempt to mount even younger unspayed females. She needs to be fixed and kept inside. If wandering dogs got the other cat and the mother mysteriously disappeared, this little girl is definitely at high risk for the same thing happening.