Bleeding in pregnant cat who miscarried

Savitha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had miscarriage last 2days she delivered 2 dead kittens each day separately & ate away the dead ones.
She had bleeding & continues to have bleeding
She is not eating food. Pl suggest im worried.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is not abnormal to have slight bleeding after giving birth, but since she has delivered dead little ones, you should have her looked at by a vet. Do you have somewhere to take her? How bad is the bleeding, is she still having contractions? Can you get her some lickable cat treats to see if you can get her to eat a little? She must eat, but she must be in pain. Any water? She may need to be spayed, there is definitely something wrong. I feel so sorry for both of you, I'll pray for your little girl......

Jj1008

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’d syringe feed her some liquid food - soup or kitten formula and nutrition drops to ensure she’s got energy and most importantly hydrated. It sounds like she may still have kittens in her, you need to bring her to a vet asap. Do you notice any greenish discharge? If so, she’s got infection.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is not abnormal to have slight bleeding after giving birth, but since she has delivered dead little ones, you should have her looked at by a vet. Do you have somewhere to take her? How bad is the bleeding, is she still having contractions? Can you get her some lickable cat treats to see if you can get her to eat a little? She must eat, but she must be in pain. Any water? She may need to be spayed, there is definitely something wrong. I feel so sorry for both of you, I'll pray for your little girl......
How is it going?
Sorry Im late, but I see you got good advices.
If its just a little bleeding it should be OK, but if its more than some drops or red colored water, she needs to a vet asap.

Trying to handfeeld her some fluids is an excellent idea. Or at least some pedialyte... bleeding she loses fluids and salts, aside of everything else...

So to summarize; vet visit is always in order, but if its much bleeding / other serious symptoms, you MUST to a good vet.

If its serious, possibly a total spaying may be the easiest solution.

Observe, IF she is almost OK, and things had calmed down, its fully possible she still has some alive kitten, and with a little luck, will deliver it in due time.
We had such a forumite not long ago.