Black kitten

Jaxson’s momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All
A very tiny kitten appeared in my back yard. No more then 5 or 6 weeks old I’ld say. All alone and very skittish!! Ran away when I approached. I want to catch the baby and bring to a shelter but I have no idea how to go about it. Should I leave food out? I am worried for this little one. I live near woods so there are a lot of predators. I’ve seen foxes and bobcats. What should I do?

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right off the bat, you can do the "time and trust" route with food, which could take weeks or months. You could probably get him real quick with a humane trap if you have one, offering food....My guess is that he's probably very hungry and at least right now you could start gaining trust until you decide on a plan by putting food out, same place, same time and check on it every 10 min...put the food in a place that you can watch it from inside , so as to not spook the kitten with a whole lot of going in and out which may be disturbing to the kitten at first.....If that kitten catches on, he'll be there waiting on you every morning..............

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jaxson’s momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks I’ll try setting out food at the edge of the yard.

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hopefully in the same area that you saw him, and roughly the same time at first, then you could probably move feeding to where ever once trust begins AND that would open up options for you down the road on this kitten................