Black Friday - Petsmart

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

You guys have Boxing Day, which is similar I think.
Unfortunately for you, it comes after Christmas.
There are some decent Boxing Day sales, but NOTHING like Black Friday. I know so many people who head to the States to take advantage of all of the deals!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at Petsmart today. . .if anyone wants to stock up on litter and not have to deal with the Friday crowds, the Tidy Cats bucket with the $5 coupon is $9.99 right now. Still a good price, and fighting the crowds on Friday might not be worth the extra dollar off.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
hem haw, hem haw

I use Scoop Away kitty litter but I may have to switch to a less expensive kind and boy does that Tidy Cats sound like a good deal- 30 lbs for $9.99??? plus a $5 coupon! gues where I'm going tonight

Also, thank you, Winchester for the heads up on the Purina club thing, I had been thinking about looking into that

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anybody go to Petsmart this morning? There weren't too many people when I got there a little before 7:00, but it was filling up. I got 200 cans of Fancy Feast (which should keep her pickiness happy for many months to come). I also got 3 bags of World's Best cat litter for $2.99 each
I had three $2.00 of coupons and the bags all had $3.00 off coupons attached and they all worked. So between my Petsperks savings and my total coupon savings, I saved a total of $54.39. Not too bad.

I wanted to spend more time browsing, but DH was with me, so I was lucky I got what I got
In fact, I didn't intend to buy 200 cans of Fancy Feast (I was thinking 50), but he was just tossing the whole cases in the cart and that was that

I really wanted to look at the tree for $99, but I knew he wouldn't let me buy it anyway, so I didn't bother.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Told the hubby we're heading there shortly ... hopefully it's not emptied out

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I also got 3 bags of World's Best cat litter for $2.99 each
I had three $2.00 of coupons and the bags all had $3.00 off coupons attached and they all worked.
That is a great deal on WBCL.

I was there when they opened and got 2 of the small foam doggie beds for Dexter & Isis.
They are really nice.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was well stocked on cat things already (I already bought them their Christmas stuff and food/littter/etc), but I shopped vicariously through Jack this year for all of the deals I wanted on doggy items for Ranger & Macy! Jack works at one of the local Petsmart stores while he's finishing up his degree/etc so since he had to open today anways and he sweetly offered to pick up some sale items for me, I gave him some $$ ahead of time and a list of things I wanted for the doggies! He got a new bed for Ranger's crate (the other one was getting ragged) and lots of Christams toys & chews for both pups! He said the total was only around $50 for everything (origional price was well over $100 worth of stuff)! So between the Black Friday sale there and his discount, I think it was a good deal!
He's bringing all the stuff over later so I can see what all he came up with!

As far as Black Friday goes, that's it for me
I'll be decorating my apartment this weekend with my nephew and Jack, then waiting for the cyber-Monday deals instead! I can't stand crowds, being run over by shopping carts, or mauled by horrid drivers...rather stay home and decorate

(Jack said that they sold out of a lot of the kitty litter that was on sale earlier at their store (the tidy cats and a few other brands), so for those of you who missed the deals at your stores- try online shopping Monday to see if they have something similar; not sure if they will or not, but it may be worth looking into. He also said that a lot of the bigger ticketed items like dog crates/beds were on sale super cheap as an incentive to get a lot of people through the doors, but other than the Christmas-themed items, a lot of the regular treats/toys weren't on sale or only by a dollar or two...so for those who want a good deal- the "big ticket" pet items- and the Christmas themed stuff would be the way to go!)

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got 6 things of litter and a tree and some half off dry foods. Had a tree on floor and one in overstock was better color/carpet. Tempted to buy both but i really cant deal with that many fuzzys from the carpet falling out. Never even looked at the fancy feast wanted to see what that scene was like:p
Also for the cats enjoyment got a electric blanket

We left house at 1030 and not to bad at all.

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Misty thanks for the WBCL info; if my store has any left I will clean them out!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I managed to get 15 buckets of litter using the coupons, until the checkout girl pointed out that the coupon said "one per customer" and they wouldn't let me use any more. . .but that's OK, because I think that's all my car could hold anyway, LOL. It was creaking and groaning all the way home. I also got 5 bags of Cat Chow and 6 of the $7.99 cat beds. And 4 cases of Fancy Feast for my mom's kitties (mine don't get FF unless they're sick!). I wanted to get a cat tree but after measuring it against my height I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have fit in my car (Honda Civic). All in all I think I came out on top. My garage looks like a pet shop
. I believe I now qualify as a proper crazy cat lady.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got three things of litter, thats all they had in the 30lb (27+3 extra) containers. Only one of the first two we bought had coupons, so the third container was only $4.17
We wiped them out of the 30lb buckets, so apparently people either got to them first or they didn't have many in stock - had much more 27lb than 30lb up there for the same price of $8.99.

Was pretty crowded, but they also had pet adoption fairs going on big time today inside and out.