Black Bumps/circles on cat head, neck and body

SumeetKK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Many Black Spots/bumps on cat's head. I

I just adopted two kitten and both of them sneeze alot and have multiple bumps/spots like these on head, neck and body.

I have already visited a vet for health checkup was was told everything is fine, however I am quite worried about them. Should I see another vet?

Screenshot_2022-02-16-01-02-56-600_com.miui.gallery.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! The bumps seem attached to the skin, not flea dirt? Do they look like growths or cysts, scabs? If the vet said the kittens were fine, what did he call the spots? It is completely possible that your cats are fine, but given that they are kittens it concerns me that they are sneezing. This could be an allergy or environmental irritation, but it could also the start of a URI which would need immediate treatment. Do they seem okay overall? Playing, eating, pooping, peeing? If you are concerned and feel that something else might be going on, or see symptoms that you did not post, there is nothing wrong with a second opinion. Given they are kittens, you want to be extra careful.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Personally, I am not seeing a connection between the sneezing and the spots/scabs - unless it would be allergy related. And, it seems odd - but not impossible - that both cats are allergic to the same thing(s), even if they are related. Are these actual 'kittens' (how old?) and what have they been tested and vaccinated for? Are they itching/scratching? What was the vet's explanation for the scabs/bumps and the sneezing? Find out more from the vet they saw, as well as the tests they have undergone - perhaps, that will help you make a determination about needing a second opinion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SumeetKK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, Thanks for replying.
Currently their age is 9 Weeks. They haven't been vaccinated yet. And no blood tests were done by vet. Vet told me that They are sneezing due to flu and will be okay within a week.

And I have seen cat scratching her head/neck, and they cry/jump whenever i try to look closer/touch the bump, implying they feel pain It is attached to skin, and there are approx 5-6 spots on head alone. They are hard to find due to fur of kittens. There are other on neck/body/chin as well.

Vet hasn't given me any specific name for it. When i visited vet (approx a week ago) I was only aware of single spot, and It was just two days after I had adopted them. They were not very fond of human touch. They do seem okay overall, playing, eating, pooping, peeing, etc although one kittens gets more tear stains and nose stains then other.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Given that there are multiple spots, which are increasing, and pain is involved, the vet needs to be updated. Personally I would also watch the flu in kittens so young.

SumeetKK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

Thank You everyone for time and replies.

I visited another vet on Feb 17th. He told me instantly that it is fungal infection (And a common one), and also told me that kittens were infected before I even adopted them.

He also told me that I shouldn't worry, asked me to give 1/4th of Lamisil Tablet to both kittens for and come back 20 days later. He assured me that there are no fleas, nor mites and cats are healthy (they dont have flu, fever etc).

Just visited vet again today, for FVRCP Shots and first shot of rabies.

Thank You again everyone for your time and replies.

SumeetKK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have also purchased a Lime Sulfur dip on recommendation of online communities and will start weekly lime sulfur baths from today.