Bite

Ndowens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i seen a post here about someone getting a cat bite and thought I'd ask here after searching for answers. I got scratched and bitten by a cat that was born at my place but was always ferel. I woke up with my finger swollen and could move it just a little so went to a ER. I got a tetanus shot and first series of the rabies shot and amoxicillin and prescription for it, which is 875mg/125mg. I take it every twelve hours. I have three of four punctures but the one that i feel is the worst has yellow in it and of course red around each one but seems to be improving. One puncture has black in it. The bite happened Sunday and now is Wednesday. Should I worry. Attaching a day old picture of the bad one

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ndowens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgot to add the opening is closing fairly fast but concerned about the yellow being enclosed by the closing up process

Also rarely at times feel sharp pain that quickly goes away.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's going to take a while to heal and for the pain to go away, but the fact that you have pus in a closed wound is concerning. You should have your regular doctor take a look ASAP. I had a very deep cat bite on my hand that became infected, and the one wound was opened and cleaned by a surgeon daily for the first few days, then every other day for about a week. In addition to giving me oral antibiotics, the surgeon put an antibiotic directly into the wound.

Ndowens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Currently it isn't closed yet. Took a new pic of it just now. I would thought antibiotic would take care of it too. Also on the antibiotic for ten days total as well

Attachments

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Whatever you do, don't soak it unless your doctor tells you to. I had to keep my hand absolutely dry for a good two weeks. Last summer I got a bad scratch from a feral at the shelter and also had to keep it dry. The doctor prescribed antibiotics and a Betadine ointment for that.

Ndowens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have never had a cat bite or scratch like this. In some ways I think it may be ok as it doesn't seem to be getting worse but everyday is an improvement so idk

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you are concerned about it I would have it looked at. I don't know where you live or how things are done where you live but possibly a nurse at your doctor's office could look at it.

Ndowens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I asked a pharmacist and she told me if it still is like that then to see a dr. But not sure if she is knowledge enough

Ndowens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At the hospital for my second rabies shot of the series. Let the dr look at the finger and she told me she didn't see anything that would concern for something to be done about it and said to keep taking the antibiotic which I planned to do duh

Ndowens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgot to show her the one that had black in it, which research says dead skin, but the top of my finger is what concerned me the most