Big scab on cats stomach

PlsHelpme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I’ve noticed this morning a hard scab about the size of an almond on my cats stomach. He doesn’t seem to mind me touching or moving it. He is an indoor cat, 8 years old, never had health issues. It looks like there might be an open wound underneath or sore, I’m not sure. He has been acting completely normal. Maybe someone on here has seen something similar or knows what it is? Anything would be really helpful before I have to take him to the vet.

Attachments

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I find this very puzzling. I would recommend a vet consult as soon as possible. Please let us know what the vet says because I have no idea. And I have and have had lots of cats.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Since you said the scab is hard I would think that means the sore is healing. However, the open wound you mentioned underneath the sore would concern me. Is the wound oozing or is there any pus coming out? Also, does your cat go outside? You may want to send the pics to your vet or give them a call and ask their opinion. Good luck, please keep us posted.