Big pimple/whitehead on belly

pekoepekoe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was helping my cat stretch from his nap when I felt a bump on his fur. I moved his fur away and there was a huge pimple. And I know it's not a nipple because there a solid nub coming out of his stomach. I let him go because he wanted to leave the room and he came back and the solid nub was gone but I can tell there's still some left inside the pimple. Will this go away on its own? I don't think he's in major pain right now and because of covid going to the vet would be difficult
20210212_015356-min.jpg
20210212_015642-min.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep an eye on it and see if it changes. As cats get older they get many lumps and bumps on them, most benign. Still almost looks like a nipple, and if in the wrong spot a skin tag. unless it changes and starts oozing, getting a lot bigger, etc. I would keep an eye on it, Definitely bring it up on your next vaccination visit, you might want to write it down each month on your calender, so you don't forget.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In that first picture is that white thing part of it or did it come out of the bump like when you squish a pimple?

just watch it and see if it changes/gets worse/looks irritated or inflamed, cats sometimes get ingrown hairs or clogged pores that are benign and go away on their own.

gingerpalmtree

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was helping my cat stretch from his nap when I felt a bump on his fur. I moved his fur away and there was a huge pimple. And I know it's not a nipple because there a solid nub coming out of his stomach. I let him go because he wanted to leave the room and he came back and the solid nub was gone but I can tell there's still some left inside the pimple. Will this go away on its own? I don't think he's in major pain right now and because of covid going to the vet would be difficult View attachment 369820View attachment 369821
Did you ever figure out what it was? Found the same exact thing on my kitty today. Thanks!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apply a warm, wet washcloth to it several times a day. That will help bring it to a head. Once it bursts or becomes open you can apply some human antibiotic salve (with NO pain relievers in it) a few times. These things usually go away on their own. If the cat stops eating, or it gets a lot bigger and worse, bring him in.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My elderly cat gets it chronically. When they don't groom their bellies as well, this can happen. Sometimes it may cause the nipple to invert.

I found keeping his stomach shaved a bit shorter was helpful.

KarenA73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Both of my cats get these. They’re just plugged pores. The first one I found on my cat pulled out like a turkey quill. It was over an inch long.