Best low carb wet cat food for diabetic!

Beffrobinson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I have 3 cats (2yrs, 6yrs & 8yrs), one of which is being tested for diabetes (8yrs) , hes been poorly recently but is on the mend. I feed my cats a little dry food (go cat) in the morning, a little dry food after 4 and one wet pouch each at night (felix).

I've seen studies that show that dry cat food can cause diabetes, and that it is very high in carbohydrates, I'm wanting to switch my cats to wet cat food for all their meals (I know this will be more expensive especially having 3 cats) but I want what's best for them.

I just want to know if anyone has any suggests for low carbohydrate wet cat food, that is healthy, high in protein and suitable for cats with diabetes. My cats are different ages but I am willing to feed them different pouches if my diabetic cat is best going onto senior wet food.

It would be ideal if the wet food was available in uk stores, if not available to buy in bulk from sites such as zooplus.

I'm sorry for the long post and would really appreciate any suggestions you have, as if my cat turns out to be diabetic (which they believe he is due to glucose levels apart from the fact he isnt dropping weight and is a healthy weight) I would want to give him the best diet to not worsen the condition, as well as getting my other cats healthy.

Thanks in advance
:Cat
:Cat

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check out the following brands from zooplus: GranataPet, Grau, Catz Finefood, Feringa, WildFreedom. These are all high protein, low carbs pate food. To decrease the costs, instead of feeding one pouch per cat, you can divide bigger cans between them (you can refrigerate what’s left for later).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beffrobinson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Check out the following brands from zooplus: GranataPet, Grau, Catz Finefood, Feringa, WildFreedom. These are all high protein, low carbs pate food. To decrease the costs, instead of feeding one pouch per cat, you can divide bigger cans between them (you can refrigerate what’s left for later).
Thank you so much, will have a look now :D

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely join the FDMB board :agree: There are members from all over the world there, including the UK.

Try these older threads to start: