Best Kitten Food

Ms.Lovemycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello! I took in a very pregnant stray cat and she had six kittens, I’m currently feeding them Royal Canin starter mousse but they’re starting to eat more and it is too expensive to keep them on it now because they only come in tiny cans and there are six babies. I am hoping to switch them to a different wet food and also start seeing if they will eat dry food. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am thinking of feeding wellness core dry food but I am not sure. Also am I supposed to give them a variety of wet food or stay with the same one because they’re tummies might be sensitive at this age? They are five to six weeks old. Thank you for your time.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
There are a lot of great suggestions on this thread: Best canned cat food for kittens?

Just make sure that whatever food you end up buying, it’s formulated for kittens or for “all life stages” in order to ensure that the kittens have the proper nutrition to grow healthy and strong.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any wet food, for all life stages should work well. When i had kittens i used Fancy feast, the classics flavors, the grilled flavors, and the kitten turkey formula. For dry food I really like the Merrick kitten. All my guys did well with this, and everyone always liked it.

I do like wellness core, the dry and the wet, but my guys have never been fans for some reason.

I rotate my cats food, but when they were young kittens i used mainly the Fancy feast i listed, and the Merrick dry. Then when they were a bit older maybe 4 or 5 months, i started introducing different wet foods, i kept them on the Merrick kitten dry till they were over 1 year.

i like to go to the cat food database and look at foods as well. We want as high protein, moderate fat, and low carb as possible. I feed both wet and dry.

CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ms.Lovemycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are a lot of great suggestions on this thread: Best canned cat food for kittens?

Just make sure that whatever food you end up buying, it’s formulated for kittens or for “all life stages” in order to ensure that the kittens have the proper nutrition to grow healthy and strong.
Thank you!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ms.Lovemycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any wet food, for all life stages should work well. When i had kittens i used Fancy feast, the classics flavors, the grilled flavors, and the kitten turkey formula. For dry food I really like the Merrick kitten. All my guys did well with this, and everyone always liked it.

I do like wellness core, the dry and the wet, but my guys have never been fans for some reason.

I rotate my cats food, but when they were young kittens i used mainly the Fancy feast i listed, and the Merrick dry. Then when they were a bit older maybe 4 or 5 months, i started introducing different wet foods, i kept them on the Merrick kitten dry till they were over 1 year.

i like to go to the cat food database and look at foods as well. We want as high protein, moderate fat, and low carb as possible. I feed both wet and dry.

CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat
Thank you!!