Best kibble for Himalayans & Ragamuffins? I heard peas are not good for them?

Michelle1974

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all!
im looking for a good kibble (dry food ) for Himalayan’s and Ragamuffins? I read that peas in the ingredients isn’t great for them? Thoughts?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,I'm not sure everyone will agree but personally I don't care for the idea of veggies for carnivores,yes fiber and yes protein but veggies????
I don't believe other than a good mix of protein and fiber dry food are there any special diets for the breed....theyre carnivores,perhaps Purina One or ProPlan ..unless you want to go Hills Science Diet?
What is important though is they get plenty of daily exercise and grooming,their beautiful coats do need to remain tangle free and brush those natural oils through to keep them clean and gorgeous. ...some crude or fish oils are good to add but always consult your Vet for specifics,that's my advice❤
I've not much experience with the Ragamuffin breeds but again,my position is to give carnivores meat,fish,protein ...a little wet food is my own preference for the Added moisture to their diet and good for those kidneys.....I've leays free fed everyone ,my cats eat Purina Weight Management and twice a day a little bit of wet meat chunks( like Sheba in gravy,Fancy Feast petites or the little " in gravy" cans like primavera or Tuscany( they do have some rice and greens in there btw?) Lol. I'm just concerned about moisture in the diet as.some cats do not drink enough....❤❤❤

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some cats won't have an issue with peas being used in their food, others might. I agree with the above that it is probably not confined to a given breed of cat.

Peas are often used as a source of fiber - and, even protein. They are commonly used to replace grains that no one wants in their cat food nowadays. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean all cats will like them.