Best Food Brands For Kittens/cats

Simbaforest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone ! :wave3:
I’ve been feeding my cats royal canine dry food/ blue wilderness hard food

Wet food - blue wilderness, applaws, backcountry, Sheba

What is the best brand for cats and are the best nutrition for them ?

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone has their opinion on best brands. The closest answer to best brands are a. Whatever your cat will eat and b. What you can afford.

I fed Dexter Nature's Variety Instinct Kitten (hard food) and Fancy Feast kitten pates (wet). He did extremely well on them!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ask ten people, you will get ten different answers. Plus you must take your budget into consideration. The main thing I can tell you is that cats are obligte carnivores, which mean they are MEAT eaters. They don't need grains or vegetables or fruits, that type of things. Think mice. Cats can exist just fine is all they were to eat were whole mice, however most people don't want to feed them that, or whole birds either :wink:

I, personally, don't feed any kibble, and am still looking for the perfect wet food. I do feed a mostly raw diet to one of mine, and the other is such a picky guy that he pretty much doesn't like any food, cat or human. Today I'm still waiting for him to eat his breakfast, and it's not almost 4:30 in the afternoon, so I wholeheartedly agree with EmersonandEvie EmersonandEvie that the best food is what they will eat.

Here is an article that might help you out: What Makes The Best Canned Cat Food?

And another, specifically about foods, but it's older, and a lot of new foods have come out since it was written:Best Cat Food Of 2015: Tcs Member Choices

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Simbaforest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Everyone has their opinion on best brands. The closest answer to best brands are a. Whatever your cat will eat and b. What you can afford.

I fed Dexter Nature's Variety Instinct Kitten (hard food) and Fancy Feast kitten pates (wet). He did extremely well on them!
I did some research and read that that was really good ! I might try that one ! It all has amazing reviews and yeah I know, I just want to give them whats the best for them !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Simbaforest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ask ten people, you will get ten different answers. Plus you must take your budget into consideration. The main thing I can tell you is that cats are obligte carnivores, which mean they are MEAT eaters. They don't need grains or vegetables or fruits, that type of things. Think mice. Cats can exist just fine is all they were to eat were whole mice, however most people don't want to feed them that, or whole birds either :wink:

I, personally, don't feed any kibble, and am still looking for the perfect wet food. I do feed a mostly raw diet to one of mine, and the other is such a picky guy that he pretty much doesn't like any food, cat or human. Today I'm still waiting for him to eat his breakfast, and it's not almost 4:30 in the afternoon, so I wholeheartedly agree with EmersonandEvie EmersonandEvie that the best food is what they will eat.

Here is an article that might help you out: What Makes The Best Canned Cat Food?

And another, specifically about foods, but it's older, and a lot of new foods have come out since it was written:Best Cat Food Of 2015: Tcs Member Choices
Okay awesome, I really don’t mind prices as long as they get the best! And thank you for the information it was very helpful !

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fancy feast classics are affordable and good food, and I believe they're grain-free so that's a bonus

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
So I am #3
I search far and wide for a cat food,only wet, that is high fat,protein,low carb. I have picked Dr Elseys chicken and Turkeymiko as a topper, and just for my cat Peaches canidae, discontinued but not on petcare rx. OccasionAlly by tiki after dark