Best Elevated Outdoor Feral Shelter?

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A few months ago, I saw a shelter on Amazon but it's no longer available . I wrote to the company, which I think, is in China, and never heard back.
Because we get snow and I don't have a porch or patio, I need something elevated. I don't work with wood nor do I know anybody who can build anything for me. I need something large enough to fit a few cats, preferably insulated, and with an escape door. I've been looking but can't really find anything. The discontinued shelter was the best one.

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
U can use plastic bind and cut a hole in it, insulate it and put straw

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A rubbermaid container filled with straw makes a good shelter.

If you stand it on a couple of bricks and cover it with a tarp it will stay warm and dry in the snow. The tarp can be secured with tent pegs. Leave a 10 cm gap between the bottom of the tarp and the ground for the cats to get in and out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’ve seen those on a lot of feral websites. I can’t sem to find the right size bin and coordinating styrofoam cooker to fir inside.
Also, if we get enough snow, it could be as high or higher than the door(hole). The cats could be snowed in. I don’t have a place to put the shelter where it wouldn’t be exposed to the elments.