best cat net for ferals?

vipers_rule

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi guys, looking for a tough, solid, reliable cat net. I plan on using it when a feral but friendly spazzy cat is eating then i will net him. A long handle, large net is preferred. thank you. Also best way to transfer to a trap or transfer cage once he is netted?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's a very bad idea. Not only is netting a cat difficult, the cat could get injured if not properly seated in the net and will panic and do his/herself a lot of harm trying to escape. What's more, transferring a netted cat to a carrier or trap is likely to result in serious scratches and bites for you.

Please don't attempt to net a wild animal, it's best left up to the experts.

The best way to trap a cat is in a humane trap or a drop trap. Much easier and safer than using a net.

Have a look at some videos on YouTube. Flatbush Cats or Kitten Lady have some good videos on their channels

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vipers_rule

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's a very bad idea. Not only is netting a cat difficult, the cat could get injured if not properly seated in the net and will panic and do his/herself a lot of harm trying to escape. What's more, transferring a netted cat to a carrier or trap is likely to result in serious scratches and bites for you.

Please don't attempt to net a wild animal, it's best left up to the experts.

The best way to trap a cat is in a humane trap or a drop trap. Much easier and safer than using a net.

Have a look at some videos on YouTube. Flatbush Cats or Kitten Lady have some good videos on their channels
i have a drop trap. ive tnrd over 500 cats. he will not go in one. i will have kevlar gloves too. need a net.