Being Accused Of Being The Crazy Cat Lady

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found that people often assume you're going to take in every cat who comes across your path if you have more than one as well, as though you have no responsible limits.
I can relate to this.  I have lost track of how many times people have asked me if I would like another cat. 

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can relate to this.  I have lost track of how many times people have asked me if I would like another cat. 
And they ask like they are giving you a gift of a million dollars.  They are SHOCKED that you don't want another.  And then you feel guilty but know you can't.

abisiobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I relate to this too. I was @ a conference (M&M as we term them -morbidity and mortality) in my work at the hospital where I have privelages. I had lost in that part week not a cat which is like a baby to me but my much beloved getiatric bunny! He 'd suffered a heart attack in my arms and I had driven 6 hrs to the nearest best vet at a university. So while we were discussing why people we had treated had died -and as an oncologist -I likely see more death than even most physicians. I did not break down (too professional I guess) but later talked with all these men (no women at this committee) about losing my rabbit and amazingly, they were all understanding. My psychiatrist aunt even offered some anti anxiety meds but I had lots ss well but I preferred to not go that route and honour his memory. But I know some ppl thought I was crazy! I do NOT think so and have well prepared tot my pets shd anything happen to me.

Last edited: