Being a secretary pays off

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Somewhere along the line, I've turned into Dear Richard's secretary. Yesterday he called me from Tunica, MS to ask me to email some reports from his computer to his cell phone. (This trip, he went from Oregon to Mississippi to Tennessee and is coming home tomorrow.)  It took me a while to find what he needed, but I got the work done and got it all emailed out to him. So then this morning, he called me to thank me for getting those reports to him. I said, "Well, dear, you know, you did pay for them." Silence. And then, "What did you buy?" 

There was a cookbook that was hawked on QVC on Wednesday night. I don't buy from QVC because the shipping is just ridiculous. So I go to Amazon and I always get it cheaper. I paid a little over $12 at Amazon for the Southern Living cookbook that I wanted that was on QVC for well over $20 with the shipping. I told Rick what he bought to pay for my secretarial services.

And it went like this:

Rick: You bought a cookbook?

Pam: Yes

Rick: Is it a good one?

Pam: I think so.

Rick:  Will I like it? (He doesn't care about the book itself. By this, he means, "Will I like the food that you make from this cookbook?")

Pam:  Yes.

Rick:  Are there cookies?

Pam:  Yes.

Rick:  OK!

Evidently, as long as there are cookies in the book, I can pretty much get whatever cookbook I want. 
  I just love that man. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Somewhere in this house I have a fairly old cookie cookbook. If I ever find it, I am sending it to you. :lol3:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He sure sounds like a keeper. This thread gave me my laugh for today.:nod:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick is the original Cookie Monster. His mom has always said he loved cookies from the time he was big enough to eat them. He's got an incredibly sweet tooth. And the only thing that keeps him relatively thin is his job because he's always on his feet and moving at work. As long as there are cookies in the house, he's one of the happiest men I know.

You would not believe how many Cookie cookbooks I have and it's largely because of Rick. He's always willing to try a new cookie, although his favorite will always be a good snickerdoodle. 

Everybody who knows Rick knows about the cookie-thing, too. That man just loves his cookies. And he's more than willing to share them, too, as long as there's still enough for him, that is. The word has definitely gotten around about the snickerdoodles and that he takes snickerdoodles with him wherever he goes. When we went to Wisconsin last year and I met his friends and cohorts, everybody mentioned snickerdoodles and how good they are. Evidently he has shared them with a lot of people.

He was a little wary when I told him that I had bought a gluten free cookbook the other week. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet because I need to do some shopping first. If he likes the cookies in that book, then I know they've passed the test. When it comes to cookies, I always go by what he thinks.

He's a good man.