Behaving Awkwardly

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Female cat is behaving awkwardly. It is similar to a cat being in heat but somethings different I feel. She is constantly sniffing the floor. There seems to be an increase in her apatite. And she is very hostile. She has been running away from me when I approach she is growling and tensing up when I try to pet her. She is an outdoor cat but we have been keeping her indoors until we can get her fixed so she doesn't have anymore litters. She is also constantly non-stop meowing. Please tell me if she is ok! I want to make sure she isnt sick or anything!

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If she is an outdoor cat whom you are keeping inside while she's in heat then I would venture to say that she is probably antsy and wanting to get back outside. She is probably feeling all those hormones and doesn't quite enjoy being cooped up. If you do think its something super serious I would suggest taking her to the vet, but from what I know it seems when cats are in heat they want out even more.

Just make sure you don't let her out until she's fixed because you don't want any unwanted baby kittens running around

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She
If she is an outdoor cat whom you are keeping inside while she's in heat then I would venture to say that she is probably antsy and wanting to get back outside. She is probably feeling all those hormones and doesn't quite enjoy being cooped up. If you do think its something super serious I would suggest taking her to the vet, but from what I know it seems when cats are in heat they want out even more.

Just make sure you don't let her out until she's fixed because you don't want any unwanted baby kittens running around
She has already had 3 litters. But we are working up money to buy 2 cars and doctors appointments and can't take her to the vet to get her fixed so she is just living inside with Baby (her kitten)

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She

She has already had 3 litters. But we are working up money to buy 2 cars and doctors appointments and can't take her to the vet to get her fixed so she is just living inside with Baby (her kitten)
I would try to ignore her pleas to go outside and also maybe try distracting her when she starts getting that way...maybe with a toy she really likes and some playtime to take her mind off going out?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Baby is also female. . .if he is male, and is over 4 months old, I'm afraid they'll have to be separated too :/. Although neutering a male is less expensive so maybe you could have him done. I agree that she's feeling the pull to go out and get pregnant again, sadly you'll just have to put up with it.

What's your general location? Maybe we can help you find a low-cost spay clinic.