Back legs paws are colder than the front ones

patryks16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. Some time ago I have noticed that all of my 4 years old cat paws are cold most of the time but I thought its because we have wooden floor that can get very cold too. However, what I am worried about are the back paws because they always seem to be colder than the front paws. Not much colder, but enough to be able to feel it. For example, when the cat is having his nap all of the paws are warm, but the back paws are always less warm, the same situation is when all the paws are cold from walking on the floor, every paw is cold but the back paws are always colder.

I have read this could be due to a hearth disease and blood clots and Im very scared. The cat will go to vet 2 september. He is overall very heatlhy, the color of the paws is normal, he eats a lot, he poops normal, he likes to play, when he is not sleeping he is very active (running, toying with me).

I dont want him to get sick, hes been through juvenile ginigvitis and got almost all of his teeth removed and he had herpes virus back when he was very young and since then, he always had small amount of nasal discharge but nothing serious so the vet decided to not treat it at all. Im sad because now when the cat finaly got his gums inflammation problem solved there seems to be another health issue we might need to treat.

Do your cats back paws feel colder too? I appreciate your help. Sorry for my not so good english language.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never had this problem before but hopefully when you go to the vet in a few days your cat can be checked out and you will get some answers. I would think if it was only a slight difference in temperature it shouldn't be too serious and could be nothing at all. Keep us updated after your visit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

patryks16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the answers. The temperatures difference is not that high, When I pick him up from the floor I can just feel that the back paws are kinda more chilly than the front paws. Maybe the word "cold" I have used is not really correct because they are far from being really cold, just chilly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

patryks16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also sometimes the front paws are neither chilly/warm (just a normal temperature) but the back paws are chilly. I hope you are right and its nothing to worry about.