Babycat Dry Food for 8 months old Kittens?

Moy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

So I made a mistake and bought a bag of mother and babycat (1-4 months) dry food for my 8 months old kittens. I usually get them the kittens' food, but their bags are too similar I got the wrong one, and opened it :frustrated:

Royal Canin® Feline Health Nutrition™ Kitten Food | cat Dry Food |  PetSmart
Royal Canin® Feline Health Nutrition™ Mother & Babycat Cat Food | cat  Dry Food | PetSmart

I read online that it's fine if I gave the babycat food to bigger cats. In fact, it said that they will love it. However, some said that it has too much calories and might make them gain a lot of weight.

Now I'm worried that giving them this will make them gain a lot of weight. This size bag usually lasts for a month.

Do you guys think if I gave this to my kittens (just for one month) it will make them gain a crazy amount of weight? Is it a bad idea to give it to them? 🤔

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you :)

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can get a better quality of dry food I would to. You can do all life stages dry and wet food is a must for cats. The less dry food the better but some kitties are kibble addicts. For those I suggest food toppers or mixing wet food with the dry :) At 8-9 months old yes they are still growing but yes some cat get a bit chunky. My girl is 10 months old and she can balloon up pretty quickly, the little fatty lol.

• Purraise
Reactions: Moy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you can get a better quality of dry food I would to. You can do all life stages dry and wet food is a must for cats. The less dry food the better but some kitties are kibble addicts. For those I suggest food toppers or mixing wet food with the dry :) At 8-9 months old yes they are still growing but yes some cat get a bit chunky. My girl is 10 months old and she can balloon up pretty quickly, the little fatty lol.
Thank you. I give them wet food regularly and boiled chicken sometimes. But yeah, they do love this kind of dry food a lot.

Better quality dry food gave them bad diarrhea for some reason, even when I tried transitioning gradually 😩