TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont think pickles is going anywhere she stole my heart

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's it like raising a single orphan kitten? Does she know she's a cat? Is she learning to lick herself clean and use the litter box and all the cat things? Or does she think she's a baby human?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheetosmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
what is it like raising a baby kitten? Well it is tough at times but worth every minute at the end. for the first 3 1/2 weeks I only got maybe 4 hours of sleep a day, and that was killing me because im going to school full time I had to take her to class and then she would start crying and I would end up missing the end of class and all my homework was being turned in late and my grades dropped fast. but I emailed all my teachers and told them what I was going through and told them that baby pickles was my first priority and school came second, luckily my teachers accepted that and helped me through, my criminal Justice Teacher called me every other day and asked about her. after she started to learn to walk became a lot easier for me and her, she was able to follow me around instead of me caring her around the house while I cleaned. I think she knows she is a cat but thinks i'm her mama cat, she doesn't treat me like i was a human, she acts like I have fur and a rough tongue she always tries to get me to clean her feet after she eats her dinner. she is constantly up my butt 24/7 she loves to sit on my chest and lick her self ( my older cats would clean her when she was little so guessing she learned from them) also she loves when I sing to her when she was little I would sing to her when I bottle fed her, now when i sing she sits on me and falls asleep. with the litter box I made a cut out a  hole for her to get in an out by herself at first she didn't know what to do and cried for me to pick her up and cuddle her..... then one day she woke up and got out of her bed and walked right in the litter box and did her business, even though I had to give her a bath afterwards I was so proud.... (PROUD MOMMY MOMENTS).about 2 weeks ago she came down with limping kitten syndrome and I was devastated knowing I got her this far in life she was sick and couldn't walk, because her front legs curled up into her chest. so it was like caring for a newborn all over again and her fever was 105.8 after 2 day of medicine she had to learn to walk all over again, every night I would cry because it broke my heart to see her laying there in pain and I wouldn't help her, now she is running like nothing even happen to her. the vet was very surprised how she just bounced back to normal, the vet told me I have a very strong fighting kitten. She has stolen my husbands heart and mine so she will make #5 in my house. pickles loves to play with toys she has a furry lime green mouse she loves. but most of all she loves to chew on her mommy and daddy fingers and toes.

as of today October 22, 2013 she is 5-6 weeks old and is a very spunky kitten,

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that does sound like a lot of work! The youngest kitten I have ever raised came to me at about 3-4 weeks old. She was my first cat, Tiger, and I was nine years old. I only had to bottle-feed her for a week before she got the hang of solid food, softened with water. When she grew up, she taught me what cats were all about.

But your story about raising a kitten practically from birth--that sounds really hard!