Aurizon for otitis in cats?

CatSisters

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I took my cat to the vet as she had what I thought was dark wax on one of her ears. After analysis under the microscope of a sample taken from her ear, the diagnosis as far as I understood, is that there are bacteria causing otitis. My cat was prescribed Aurizon drops, the first dose was given at the clinic.

Once at home I realized the medication box says it’s for dogs. I tried to research Aurizon for cats but haven’t really found anything, aside from an old thread on this site that doesn’t provide much info. I’m copy/pasting from the manufacturer’s site what the medication contains: “A combination of three agents: marbofloxacin, dexamethasone, and clotrimazole”

I will call the vet office tomorrow to ask if this medication is ok for cats, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Aurizon being prescribed to their cats? If yes, any side effects or anything to be aware of?
Many thanks!

Update: I called the clinic and was told the medication works for cats too.
I’d still appreciate if anyone has had experience with this medication if you can share how it worked out. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry no one has responded yet! I only know that it seems half or more of the medicines/treatments given to cats are 'off-label', meaning they have been developed for/used by humans and/or dogs. I think if you look up each of the ingredients individually, you will likely find more information pertaining to cats, including any side effects.

I searched this site to see if there were other members who are using/have used this specific product and found a few - here is a link to them.
Search Results for Query: aurizon | TheCatSite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatSisters

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry no one has responded yet! I only know that it seems half or more of the medicines/treatments given to cats are 'off-label', meaning they have been developed for/used by humans and/or dogs. I think if you look up each of the ingredients individually, you will likely find more information pertaining to cats, including any side effects.

I searched this site to see if there were other members who are using/have used this specific product and found a few - here is a link to them.
Search Results for Query: aurizon | TheCatSite
Thank you so much for following up on my question and sending me the link to other posts, I really appreciate it.
I can’t say yet whether the Aurizon helps or not because I haven’t been successful in giving my cat the ear drops yet… She’s a very sweet girl but is a former feral cat and wherever medicines are concerned she hisses and flees and hide, making it quite challenging to medicate her. I’ve been watching YouTube videos for ideas on how to give her the ear drops but the cats in those videos are very calm so those examples are not helping. I’ll look on this site to see if there’s any advice on giving ear drops to reluctant cats. Many thanks again!